LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Racing

I called Thunder Racing this morning talked to one of there guys about my setup because I am looking to go with a smaller cam because these bigger cams arent working out for me. I want to go with a there tr224 and probably would of ordered it if he would of just giving me some info but all he could do is tell me that there is something majorly wrong with my setup over and over again. I dont care if there is something wrong with my setup I just wanted information on the damn cam. The guy was just a jerk about the whole thing.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Thats unusual Thunder has great customer service. I get nothing but compliments when customers call me for part numbers to give to them. Maybe they were just trying to be helpful and it was taken the wrong way.

I know I hate hearing there is something wrong with my set up! (even though I know there is something wrong with it)
Old 08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who did you talk to???

225-343-9029
Old 08-07-2006, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

I dont know who I talked to but all I wanted to know was about the darn cam. I hate the big cams cause they dont work for me. I see alot of the 224 cams doing great and thats what i wanted to talk to him about not for him to push that something is wrong with the car. There is nothing wrong with it but the cam that is on a 110+1 lsa in an auto car and it wont idle. I want a small cam like I had before cause it worked great. I had a 212/218 .522/.529 on a 114 with 5.3 heads. no true duals or pulley and it went 11.7@117 and I think with the ls6 heads milled and the 224 on a 114 I think the car could run better than that and still idle like stock.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1fstbird
I dont know who I talked to but all I wanted to know was about the darn cam. I hate the big cams cause they dont work for me. I see alot of the 224 cams doing great and thats what i wanted to talk to him about not for him to push that something is wrong with the car. There is nothing wrong with it but the cam that is on a 110+1 lsa in an auto car and it wont idle. I want a small cam like I had before cause it worked great. I had a 212/218 .522/.529 on a 114 with 5.3 heads. no true duals or pulley and it went 11.7@117 and I think with the ls6 heads milled and the 224 on a 114 I think the car could run better than that and still idle like stock.
Well, I am that jerk and I apologize for trying to tell you that something is wrong with your car. I'm not sure how I am supposed to sell you a camshaft based on the information you gave me.....or give you advice on a camshaft for that matter. I don't just sell the parts without making sure you are going to get the full benefit of the parts! The information you provided me was that you had a previous setup that ran the 11.x at 117mph. Now you have a better head and larger cam and it only ran 104mph. You were inquiring about the 224 camshaft as you hated the larger cam you have now. Maybe I misunderstood you, but if nothing is wrong mechanically or in the tuning then how is it possible your car slowed down that much? That's why I kept suggesting that something is wrong with your car.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

If you would of listened and would of let me finish talking instead of keep repeating yourself over and over about something is wrong with the car I could of finished telling you what else was wrong. The car being an automatic and having a 110 lsa is really a bitch to tune because the idle is hard to get set every time you put the car in gear it dies. I am tired of fighting with the big cams so I just wanted to buy a smaller one that will idle and possibly take me to the times were I want to be. So its not so much the car performing bad it also has to deal with the fact that it wont idle.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing