Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Injector opening time with 160lb injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injector opening time with 160lb injectors

Moderators, I only posted this here because the only guys who run 160 lb. injectors are FI guys, so it seemed like this was the place for this "fuel" question...

A little background to why i'm wondering...I'm running Accel 160 lb./hr. injectors at 45psi fuel pressure on my Megasquirt-ed (ecu) twin turbo camaro. I've tired many different settings for the opening time, but can't seem to get it quite right. I started out at 1.3ms because thats what it needed to idle with the initial tune. As i've started to dial in the tune, i've noticed i can decrease the opening time and it runs better, right now it's set at 0.8ms and it starts up, idles, and drives half way decent, but it idles rich, about .88 volts on my narrowband (LC-1 wideband quit on me yesterday ) and when i try to lean it out, it stumbles and just doesnt run well. I know my VE table is still off, but its getting closer and the injector opening time seems to have a great deal of affect of the way the car runs and idles. Does anyone else run these injectors and know their injector opening time?

Right now im running a peak and hold setting in the megasquirt with 0.8ms opening time, 75% PWM current limit, and .8ms PWM time threshold

Quick Reply: Injector opening time with 160lb injectors