Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia installed(corvette)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Textralia installed(corvette)

Just got done installing a Textralia clutch with billet steel flywheel in my 00 FRC. This was a job and a half...especially on the garage floor. Still I'd say that anyone with general automotive knowledge can and should tackle this project at home. Great learning experience and you'll know its done right.

Took the car out for a test run last night. Pedal engagement is right where stock is and peddle pressure is real close to stock also. There is some slight chatter if I dont give it some gas off the line, but im told this will go away after break in. You can definately slip this clutch off the line...no on off switch here. So far im very impressed with it and cant wait to give it some wot runs when its broken in. Might even get to spray some n2o this summer now that I have a clutch that can handle the power.

Took some pics of the project as well.

Here is the new clutch.

Also here is a must have tool for pulling the pilot bearing. Its called a blind hole puller.

This is the old clutch with 19.5k miles on it.

I owe a big thanks to Chris(bluewire) for giving me a hand. He was with me until after midnight on Friday helping to get the trans and rear suspension all back together.

Also Dope's install page is a good read to get familiar with what your about to tackle.http://64.81.110.163/~dope/c5_clutch_install_pics.html

Jeff
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Addict

Col, reminds me of my install two months ago. My clutch came in a carboard re-inforced box though
Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

So how many miles have you put on it so far? I know your dying to put that big jet in there.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Yes, the clutch was very well packaged. No complaints there.

I put about 25 miles on it last night. Today I put my patio set together, washed the blazer, and now I have to go to my brother in laws house to help him with the brakes on his caddy. When will I get a brake?

Working hard on your business trip Chris?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

i installed the exo skel not to long ago and its awsome just make sure you scraped the paint off on the pressure plate where the bolts go and red locktite them and your gonna love it
Old 08-08-2006, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
i installed the exo skel not to long ago and its awsome just make sure you scraped the paint off on the pressure plate where the bolts go and red locktite them and your gonna love it
I agree. I did scrape the paint off the PP(not in pic) where the bolts go through to the flywheel and also used red loctite. Torqued the PP bolts to 55 ft-lbs. Hopefully they wont back out.

Quick Reply: Textralia installed(corvette)