Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well tranny finally went...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well tranny finally went...

Took it to the tranny shop to get it checked out and sure enough 2nd gears on its last leg and overdrive aint far behind and he basically said I'm on borrowed time before I'm walking. Anyways he quoted me $1000 to rebuild it but I can't decide whether to or not. I had considered doing that and buying a torque converter and putting in while it was out but for about the same price I could have a Rock-On or FLT tranny built without the stall...what do yall think I should do??? I wasn't expecting it to be the F'in tranny already goin out since its I've only had the car about 6months and its only got 93k miles on it but hey what can ya do. Guess on the bright side I will come out of this one way or another better than before it broke
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was woundering if that is the original trans in your car? If so you did pretty good. The problem with your trans is a common failure and just about every 60 we do has this issue along with the 3-4 clutch. With our rebuilts we address these issues and also remove the oem flaws. If you need anything please feel free to give us a call. Vince
Old 08-08-2006, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

Alright thanks man, I don't know exactly the route I'm going yet but I'll definantly keep yall in mind.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,

Let us know whick shop you go with. I'm in the market as well, just got too many choices in shops. Everyone is the best, and the prices are all about the same.....
Old 08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

FWIW my stage 3 "Max Evil" trans had the same problem recently (7k miles on it and rarely beat on). As soon as I have this one removed it's going to FLT.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Well I ended up getting a really good deal from the local racing tranny guy in town so I ended up going with him. He's doing a full rebuild with heavy duty replacements, kevlar clutches, etc. and a pretty stout shift kit for $1000 cash and it comes with a pretty good warranty.