Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Crappy Halo's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crappy Halo's??

I've had a set of chrome halo's for about a year now and they never were as bright as my stock ones even with the yellowed lenses. I even put in some aftermarket bulbs.Anyone else have this prob. I have to put my high beams on just to see at night could it be just a ajustment problem? Also the rubber around the light is drying out and coming off of the light. I'm about to polish the lenses and put the stockers back on. Any thoughts anyone?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

Dunno guess its a case by case basis, had mine for a year now and they work fine and brightness was never an issue to me. Seemed just as bright as always, but then again maybe Im not as picky as a lot of guys in the HID crowd. It also could be my car is always garage kept, but if yours is too then I would venture to say you got a bad batch. Either way, if you arent happy with your halos, it makes sense to return to the stockers.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think that's what i'm going to do after i get it back from the dealership. they are replacing my sail panel so it could be there for a loooong time lol
Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

YUP my halo's are SuCkN ,bad lighting and the cheap CHINA clear coat on the lens is flaking off after 2 years ......about to sell these on ebay and find something better...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Mine are almost as bright as the stockers but just not quite up to par...I can still see just fine but adjusting them was a pain. the clear on my light is kind of flaking in areas but its never bother me and isnt noticable.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Weird Ive never had any issues with mine, quailty and all seems to be excellent.

Quick Reply: Crappy Halo's??