Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear calculations on th-350 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gear calculations on th-350 swap

I had a few questions to ask anyone that might be able to help me. I'm about to get a th-350 with a Gear Vendor's overdrive kit that would put the final gear at a .78:1 gear ratio. I'm also going with 3.73 rear end gears. I read from the manufacturer that with this setup the final gear ratio would be 3.08 but I'm not sure how to figure this calculation out. My tire size is 275/40/17. What I wanted to know is about what rpm I will be driving at doing 70 mph with this setup. Also, if anyone knows the calculations, what would my top speed be? It would be great if somebody could post up the formula to figure this out. Does anyone else have any tips on installing the 350? I only know one person I can personally ask so I just want to get some opinions from anyone that has done this swap. Also, if anyone has installed this overdrive kit, what length driveshaft did you use? I have the stock 10-bolt for now and will probably have it for another year or two. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kirby; 08-09-2006 at 11:37 PM. Reason: insufficient info
Old 08-10-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to the top