LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

disappointed in nitrous direct

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default disappointed in nitrous direct

so i ordered a billet aluminum bottle bracket, this nice one for $150 http://nitrousdirect.com/brackets.html
they offered red anodized, which would look great with my black ss with red accents. i was expecting to get bright red shiny anodized aluminum with a clear coat. WRONG. its dull, more of a maroon color, and has no clear coat, just plain ole metal. the ad also says that the bracket will not scratch the bottle. maybe if the corners were chamfered a little, this wouldnt happen, but the corners are very sharp. also, the ad states that the bottle is adjustable in 5* increments from 0* to 20* which translates to 5 different positions. well, apparently the holes on my bracket are off a little because it literally went in 2 different positions (nearly none of the holes line up). i would have sent it back for a refund and waited til HSW had one in stock but i had to have it this weekend so i was forced to take a bigger drill bit and reem out the holes so that i could get the bottle on the propper angle. imagine that, taking a $150 bottle bracket and drilling holes in it

i know that i may be over-reacting a little but for $165 shipped, i kinda expected more. dont you think?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im guessing they could care less.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Did you try calling them or emailing them about your displeasure in the product?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i assumed it wouldnt do any good. guess thats my fault huh?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RICEETER
i assumed it wouldnt do any good. guess thats my fault huh?
Well you voiced a concern on here so obviously you want to be heard. You even posted because they hadnt responded. I would say you should try contacting them with your displeasure. They may not see this post for a while if they dont check in this forum specifically.

They arent psychic until you tell them you have a problem they wont know about it or be able to help you fix it.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man, will do

Quick Reply: disappointed in nitrous direct