Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Its the Batmobile!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Its the Batmobile!

Last night i was leaving my neighborhood and stopped at a stop sign. Three kids were walking down the sidewalk and one of them said "Hey, look its the batmobile" and at this point im smiling and chuckling. Then, i start to drive away from the stop sign and one of them yells "Nice car!". Needless to say it made me very proud of my T/A. Its fully stock and im still getting compliments . My bro has sunk a couple grand into his 02 GT and i've never once seen him get a compliment and his car is bright red.(my color doesnt exactly stand out) I know i've read about some of your guys experiences like this with kids admiring your car post them up
Old 08-12-2006, 12:13 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

the neighborhood kids always yell out nice car to me when i am driving by or out washing it. maybe the mustang doesn't get compliments because there are 10 billion on the roads!!
Old 08-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Launching!

haha...i had my car in the front yark washing it..(also looks like the batmobile), ao i have it all nice and waxed...and this guy comes around the corner in a black ws6 looks at my car and just eye humps it..looks back at the road and realizes hes about to end up in my ditch...lol, he corrected his driving and everything was good...but some of the best compliments..dont need to be verbal..hahaha
Old 08-12-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

i was pulled over by a state trooper to tell me my car was nice... he didn't even know what it was heh
Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its funny because i can clearly see a Black Ws6 as looking like the batmobile but my car is BGC and not even Ram Air. But like i said i thought it was great i love the unique look of my car and cant imagine driving anything else

mcG-you're right every couple feet I see a stang although none are quite as loud as my bros

SIC FUQR- thats some funny stuff but unfortunately for me there arent many other fbodies running around near me

Silver02TA- thats awesome you found one of the few cool cops
Old 08-12-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i've have numerous people compliment me on my car.. one guy told me about 12 times it was a nice car he started to freak me out after he told me the first 5 haha
Old 08-12-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its weird I received very few comments on my old 3rd gen formula even after lots of work, but ever since I got my new formula its been getting compliments even while being dirty and/or completely stock. I've probably gotten 10 times as many compliments in the 9 months I've had this one compared to the 3 years I had my 90 People aren't as familiar with these cars as say a GT or 3rd gen and I say thats part of the reason. A lot of the times I have to answer what my car even is and it is usually followed with something positive.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

My car stays in the shed most of the time. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like to. Awhile back my two neighbors told me that everytime the hear me fire it up they come out side just to watch me drive down the road.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha thats funny that you say that, everyone calls my car the batmobile, so last year I got this really cool Batman Costume (it was the dark knight style) and drove my car around and went to hang with my friends and I got a real kick out of it because they didnt know who I was. It was hilarious I scared the crap out of them
Old 08-13-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Captainofiron that is great , i was thinking about how crazy that would be if I were to wear the costume while driving with the t-tops off. People would give me the craziest looks. It would be a lot of fun pulling up next to Batman at a stoplight at least i think
Old 08-13-2006, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Install an after burner out back ad you will have a batmobile
Old 08-13-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
Haha thats funny that you say that, everyone calls my car the batmobile, so last year I got this really cool Batman Costume (it was the dark knight style) and drove my car around and went to hang with my friends and I got a real kick out of it because they didnt know who I was. It was hilarious I scared the crap out of them
Old 08-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At night , my NBM T/A does kinda look like the BatMobile, yeah.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this one out...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=batmobile
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

A girl I use to hook up with always called my car the batmobile. She was kinda kinky and liked to call me batman during. It was funny.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ This is why i started this thread
Great stories everyone
Old 08-14-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LTSpeed
Man that door decal was freaking awesome. "BATMOBILE"
Old 08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

my girlfriend always says it looks like the batmobile too
Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Everytime I pick my gf up from work one of her co-workers ALWAYS asks "who drives the batmobile?" Not to mention the numerous amount of kids that compliment my car which half of think its the batmobile. Except one kid...he called it a vette and his mom "corrected" him and told him it looked like the batmobile. Pretty funny actually.

My car gets called the batmobile about 4 times a week. Maybe its because its black?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well i dont have a story about a compliment, but i do have one about a kid i accidentally made cry.

I was going to the local qui9znos one day in my previous car (cammed NBM 98 Z28 with a bullet dumb/turndown). They have these ridiculous speed bumps in this parking lot, and my car was lowered. So i go at this speed bump on an angle, stop right before it, and go over it slowly, having to rev it a bit to get over it without scraping the longtubes.

So anyway after i get over it, i hear this lady hugging her crying child about 20 feet behind me screaming "YOUR TRANS AM SCARED HIM". I didnt know what to do other than hold my hand up in a "wtf did i do" wave, and parked, ignoring the fact the idiot lady calle dmy camaro a trans am.

So i go into quiznos, and turns out this lady and her maybe 10 yera old kid were 3 or 4 people in front of me in the line. I hear her proceed to tell the guy who puts the lettuce on your sub at the end of the line that a "jerk in one of those trans ams revved his motor at my son".

I get kind of annoyed at this point and walk up to this lady. I proceed to tell her "lady, first off, its a camaro. secondly, i didnt rev at your kid, i my car is loud, and i was going over a speed bump. third, if youre ten year old child is STILL afraid of loud noises sometimes caused by automobiles, you have alot more to worry about than whether or not you want lettuc eon youir sandwich".

At that poitn i was kind of heated (i dont know why really) so i walked out and went next door to the backyard burger.

Some of my friends find that story entertaining, thought id share.

Quick Reply: Its the Batmobile!