Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have powerstick install

Old 08-12-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone have powerstick install

iam thinking of runing true x dual with the powerstick like in this picture i dont wanna run with bullet or borla bullet if anyone have this install let me know how it is sound and its give u any perfomance or have any sound clip another dumb question ....does this look like GMMG ?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

anyone out there must know this
Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

i need some opinion so i can start order this and put it on
Old 08-13-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought 2 of the Powersticks but haven't installed them yet. They are like the GMMG type muffler, because they are chambered mufflers. More people use another brand called Sweet Thunders. These are better because they don't neck down. The pipe size stays the same from end to end. Do a search for sweet thunder and powerstick. I plan on replacing my cats with these along with a pair of Magnaflow round mufflers. By themselves, I'm sure they are pretty loud.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

if you have it install can u make an clip i wanna see how loud it is
Old 08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tsench
if you have it install can u make an clip i wanna see how loud it is
do a search. there's a clip of a black camaro with stock manifolds and cats with a powerstick. sounds very good. there is also a clip of a T/A with a cutout and powerstick.

i've never heard it with headers/ORY - but check my sig for clips of headers/ORY with a Sweet Thunder chambered bullet. very similar design, just a bit more bottlenecked - was way too loud and raw sounding. just changed out for a stainless Magnaflow catback.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are a couple of clips, I'm gonna try to get some better ones. This is with one Powerstick in place of the resonator on th LM. Hope this helps a little. I have some pics also.
http://media.putfile.com/powerstick-rev
http://media.putfile.com/powerstick-idle
Old 08-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

here are some vids of my car. 3" TD's h-pipe magnaflow cats under the axle. It is really loud but sounds so awesome. No drone whatsoever though
vid 1
vid2
vid3
Old 08-13-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have one big 3" single on my Irocz.. sounds very good... even with stock cat! with it off, i bet it sounds very mean.

heres my clip
http://media.putfile.com/Powerstick-...ed-tube-on-L98

its very deep and throaty sounding. on true duals with no cats behind a ls1 it would probly sound very good. similar to gmmg.

heres another car...its a heads/cam LT1 with true duals with powersticks
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...78163D005C.htm
Old 08-13-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

thank you everyone for helping me out ....all this sound really good now leaving me alots of choice to choose thanks all
Old 08-13-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

hey man you from albuquerque iam coming back to NM and visit can i come down and check out your setup let me know thax
Originally Posted by bikemanx2
here are some vids of my car. 3" TD's h-pipe magnaflow cats under the axle. It is really loud but sounds so awesome. No drone whatsoever though
vid 1
vid2
vid3
Old 08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used the 16"- If I had room for a longer one I would have gone with it. I think it would have mellowed it out a little more. Two of them in a TD set up should sound really good.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys - I really appreciate all the positive press. Makes my endeavor all worth it. When the Tenneco beancounters killed the Turbo Tube about 5 years ago, I knew I had to do something!

-Eric (the Powerstick blacksmith)
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

this is awsome i was thinking runing powerstick on the I-Pipe with managflow catback what do ya'l think
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Just curious, what's the rest of the story behind the "Turbo Tube"? I searched but couldn't find any reference to a muffler by that name.

Originally Posted by Powerstick
Thanks guys - I really appreciate all the positive press. Makes my endeavor all worth it. When the Tenneco beancounters killed the Turbo Tube about 5 years ago, I knew I had to do something!

-Eric (the Powerstick blacksmith)
Old 08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

I have also put a powerstick in the i-pipe. With stock manifolds and the stock muffler cut off it sounds awesome. I absolutely love it, from idle to 6200 rpm I couldn't be happier. It is quite loud although still quieter then a car with headers. It acually stays pretty quiet inside the car with the windows closed, so you can carry a conversation with your passanger(girlfriend).

Now, if you added LT and a better cat'ed y-pipe, I don't know if you would get any rasp. Although I don't completely understand what rasp sounds like. My guess would be LT, good cats, x-pipe and 2 powersticks all the way out the back would sounds pretty awesome.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ashes
I have also put a powerstick in the i-pipe. With stock manifolds and the stock muffler cut off it sounds awesome. I absolutely love it, from idle to 6200 rpm I couldn't be happier. It is quite loud although still quieter then a car with headers. It acually stays pretty quiet inside the car with the windows closed, so you can carry a conversation with your passanger(girlfriend).

Now, if you added LT and a better cat'ed y-pipe, I don't know if you would get any rasp. Although I don't completely understand what rasp sounds like. My guess would be LT, good cats, x-pipe and 2 powersticks all the way out the back would sounds pretty awesome.
what are u runing in the I-pipe IN/OUT 2" FLOWPATH DIA. 2-1/4" BODY DIA. 3" BODY LENGTH 14" ? or u run with something else let me know do u have any sound clip ?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on my thirdgen, i'm running the medium powerstick which is the 20inch long body and i think 25 inch overall. it fits good in that section.

the longer one is 31 inch overall, and i'd believe it would fit, but it would be very tight. might have to trim alittle off the slip fit connections.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I bought the 3" IN/OUT, 3 1/2" BODY DIA with the 20" BODY length. Just get them straight from the manufacturer. Seach for classic chambered on google. I will try to get a sound clip tomorrow sometime.

When I put mine on, I raised the car up on ramps and cut out the middle section of the i-pipe and slid it right on and clamped it down nice and tight. If you take it to a muffler shop, should be a breeze for them. If you have some skills in workin under a car, just make it a nice weekend project. I'd suggest just take it to muffler shop and be done with it though. It definately sounds awesome, I have had nothing but good comments about mine.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

THANKS FOR THE INFO i got the site im gonna make an order thanks everybody

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have powerstick install