Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cylinders lean on 7 and 8?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cylinders lean on 7 and 8?

It seems like LS1's are notorious for running lean in cylinders 7 and 8, and more so on cyl#7. My stock engine blew on cyl#7. It went lean and I was wondering if this was caused by the intake manifold or the fuel system? I have a turbocharged car so I was thinking that the forced air is being pushed more into cylinders 7 and 8 because the air hits the back wall of the intake and finds its way into those cylinders since it has no where else to go. That sounds good in theory but then I have "heard" that some people have still had that problem on the same two cylinders on turbocharged cars with the intake manifold turned around backwards. So that makes me think that it could be the fuel system. Does anyone have any more insight to this problem, tried and true? It would seem with these engines being around for the last 10 years and all of the many, many performance shops that someone would have looked into this deeper by now. Or have they and I just missed the bus?

To save me the trouble of another blown engine, I am thinking about running aftermarket fuel rails with an aftermarket FPR and bigger lines along with a single plane intake manifold. That is going to cost me another $2 grand so I would like not to do this but it is better than another $4 grand into an engine and having to do it later anyways.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On BigStuff3 I can add a percentage of fuel per cylinder if I want, It might be intresting to put a WBo2 in my #7 primary and check the AFR vs the downpipe AFR...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
On BigStuff3 I can add a percentage of fuel per cylinder if I want, It might be intresting to put a WBo2 in my #7 primary and check the AFR vs the downpipe AFR...
hmm sounds like a plan, thats a effin' good idea
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Restricted User

what other program/tuning software allows you to add fuel to certain cylinders bla bla bla...????
Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think only the big stuff 3 which is like a stand alone correct?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can also have your injectors flow rates tested and put the best flowing ones in #7 and #8
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

that works but wat if u dont have a way of finding out which one flows the best