Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch seems to slip after bleeding it

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch seems to slip after bleeding it

Ok heres the deal, I put in a new clutch in june (ram powergrip hd). It worked fine but the pedal was sticking to the floor alot, so i bled it. It worked great after that but the pedal would still stick to the floor every now and then, little enough to deal with. I was off from work and got bored so I went to bleed it again and after i bled it that time it started slipping in each gear when I would first hit the gas but would grab as long as I stayed in gear. When I push in the clutch pedal and change the gear it would slip at first, then grab but only right after I changed gears, as long as I stayed in the gear it would grab after that. It deffinitely felt like it was slipping but it didnt have the burnt clutch smell at all so i thought it might be the slave so i pulled the trans and replaced the slave/t.o. and its still doing it. What i dont get is that it was fine until I bled it the second time. Now it is driving me insane! If anyone can help me out with some advice it would be great. Thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same thing happened to me. I think I got brake fluid on the clutch during bleeding. After a few days of driving the slipping went away. It does not slip at all anymore.