Cutout Question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout Question.

I was looking at texas speed website and was wondering if I got the TS RUmbler True Dual would I need 2 cutouts?
Old 08-13-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Regular

Yup!!
Old 08-13-2006, 04:54 AM
TECH Resident

it all depends on how loud you want your setup to be. the TSP Rumbler setup is loud as it is, and pretty free flowing. all the cutouts will do is make the car sound a little louder and maybe flow a bit better. i wouldnt recommend getting em cuz of the awesome sound of a TD system. but its all up to you. just my 2 cents. but yes, if you get the TSP system, you would need to get 2 cutouts.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

its kind of redundant to have dual cutouts with true duals... you're already going with an exhaust system that is probably the least restrictive setup you could go with... to have cutouts in front of that is only going to net you minor, if any, gains in horsepower and it will probably decrease your torque numbers... and if you want to hear what a Rumbler exhaust sounds like, come on up to ATX and I'll let you listen to the Rumbler setup w/Moroso mufflers that are on my pewter car... its a big cam, but you'll get the idea.

just my $.02, but if you're going with true duals, dont get cutouts... if you're going with a full exhaust system, get the dual cutout y-pipe and electric openers.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Banned

Why would you need a cutout for duals? 3" duals flow MORE than enough for most LS1 engines and you probably won't gain anything with cutouts on duals.

If its sound you are after, I personally would rather hear the sound of a true dual system than I would a cutout.