Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Foxbody vs. STI

Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foxbody vs. STI

Hello everyone,

So it is Saturday night and I am hanging out at a local spot where there are some really nice rides. Older Chevy muscle cars etc. I am hanging out with a local mustang club that has about 10 Mustangs some of them very nice most supercharged and a 600hp cobra. Well some of my other friends show up also and they are all in SRT neons and WRX STI's. They walk around and they are like anybody want to run a modded SRT neon?

I couldn't believe that no one wanted to run this modded neon.
So anyways the mustang club splits and says that they are going to meet up with another mustang club. I decide to stay and end up heading to a race spot with the imports. I first lined up with this STI that sounded good I asked the young kid what he had done and out of nowhere this other kid bursts out I am his mechanic and we got a little somethin somethin for that 5.0 I was like damn that thing is going to smoke me.

The kid wouldnt tell me what he had, my mods are as follows:
1992 Stock Mustang with 4.10 gears, Electric fan conversion, underdrive pulleys, BBK shorty headers Catted H-pipe, Turndown Flows, 76MM C&L BBK CAI, Hurst shifter and shift light 150NX WET SHOT I had the timing set @ 14 degrees to high to run the 150 shot. So I ran him without it.

I thought I was going to loose. they line us up and and as soon as the hands come down I got a really good launch and actually got him by two cars out of the hole. I kept that lead all the way down to the quarter mile marker. I beat him by about half car. His mechanic was quite suprised and so was I.

I asked him to run again and same results. Let me add that I dont think the kid in the STI was the best driver. Anywas raced a modded SRT Neon and same results. Wonder what would of happend with the NX?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

you would have owned his *** with the nx lol
Old 08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

nice kill
Old 08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tsw239
you would have owned his *** with the nx lol
thanks man, I am going to run him again with the NX!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good story and nice write up we don't see enough of them here!

Sounds like a good fox body setup too
Old 08-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper

Thanks Man! I am working on it. This is my daily driver take it to work about 60 miles round trip 5 days a week.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper

+1, first good story I have read in a while. Nice kill! Always have to watch out for the fox's.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSINA7
+1, first good story I have read in a while. Nice kill! Always have to watch out for the fox's.
thanks LSINA7!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good kills, being a GM guy i was suprised when i first drove my brothers 5.0........nice car. Looks like that kids mechanic is pretty gay and stupid
Old 08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Since you put car lengths on him out of the hole, you are probably right in thinking he couldn't drive.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Teching In

I love these kind of stories. Why is it the biggest trash talkers are always the ones who can't drive for crap or just don't know what they are going up against.

Anywho, nice kill. NX him and make him think twice about talking smack again. I'd be willing to bet he will show up with a foxbody in a month or two. Sounds like on of those fanbois who jumped on the STi > ALL Band wagon.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Good kills, being a GM guy i was suprised when i first drove my brothers 5.0........nice car. Looks like that kids mechanic is pretty gay and stupid
they were both very young and then the mechanic went on to say that he was going to have to bring his 500hp Nova that didnt have much done to it. I said that is fine I will just have to bring my other Mustang, that by the way runs a 300 shot. He proceeded to keep his mouth quite.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AROD427
they were both very young and then the mechanic went on to say that he was going to have to bring his 500hp Nova that didnt have much done to it. I said that is fine I will just have to bring my other Mustang, that by the way runs a 300 shot. He proceeded to keep his mouth quite.
Should have told him you would drive him over to pick it up.. More then likely is was invisable.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Should have told him you would drive him over to pick it up.. More then likely is was invisable.
I bet you would of been right about that, oh yeah also one of my friends was putting VHT on my tires and I did a little burnout and the mechanic once again was running his mouth about how to side step a clutch in a mustang, I was like oh ok thanks for the advice and what do you drive? again mouth quite. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Foxbody vs. STI