Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

hey guys i hav a 05 gto and i have no clue with what to do with it.... its stock right now but i would like to get 600-700 rwhp out of it. I was thinkin of supercharging but wanted to get ur guys opinoin if tt would be better and it would be great if u could think of some other upgrades to put on it
Old 08-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

6-700 rwhp is going to be tough on the stock motor, so you're talking about 15 grand worth of mods here to get the power and even more money to support it. gto's are sweet, but unfortunately those rears are very pricey to build up to handle that power. I'd say a supercharger or turbo setup is the easiest and most streetable way to get there. just pretty expensive. You're probably looking at 5k for a turbo setup and about the same for a supercharger setup. give or take. you don't need a ton of boost to get it there. probably 16 psi-ish with a smaller turbo like a t67 or something of the sort
Old 08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Default thanks

what do u mean 15 grand??? i thought u said turbo was only 5 thats wut i was thinking off doin but should i add a new cam air filter or wut else besides exhaust and headers thanks