Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loudmouth question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default loudmouth question

So I have the loudmouth on my '98 and the tips that I got with it are terrible. 2.5 inch chrome tips just arent doing it for me. Anyways I want to either cut the tips off and put two turndowns tucked up out of sight or I will dump it right after the axle. My question is will either of these affect the sound at all. I essentially want it to be as loud as possible and still able to pass CA smog.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98camaro1le
So I have the loudmouth on my '98 and the tips that I got with it are terrible. 2.5 inch chrome tips just arent doing it for me. Anyways I want to either cut the tips off and put two turndowns tucked up out of sight or I will dump it right after the axle. My question is will either of these affect the sound at all. I essentially want it to be as loud as possible and still able to pass CA smog.
Changing the tips won't change the decible level (loudness) but it will definitely change the tone of the exhaust. I would do the turndowns out of sight and shoot them straight at the ground....that may deepen the tone a little.