Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

GM tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM tranny mount

I recently purchased the GM poly trany mount for my 02 ws6 m6. i go to put it on today and i read the directions it tells me its set up for a dual stud or a single stud trany bracket and to use the studs as needed. tells me to double nut the stud and screw the stud into the mount which i have no prob doin. complete that and now its time to install the mount so i install it and now its time to ghten down the nut which connects the bracket to the mount. Well im tighting and it starts to get tight go to give it that last lil twist and now its turnin east again. Damn must have striped it i think got to be kiddin me. So i go to back it out and its turnin and turnin not get any loser or comin out so i had to take the damn bolts on the mount to trany out with a damn wrench. get the bracket off bring it to the bench and still can't get the damn thing to losin i had to mallet the damn thing till there was enough gab between the bracket and the mount to get a blade in there and cut the stud so i can put my stock mount back on. My luck is always like these for the most part but by any chance has anyone else exp this with there GM poly trany mount? Is there any other better poly trany mount someone can suggest to me?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a set of prothane motor mounts and trans mount in a kit from summit and I'm pretty happy with them. A little rougher ride, and noisier, but much less motor and trans rock. The motor mounts are kind of a PITA to put in though.