Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tired of the header leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tired of the header leak

i think the header leak is coming from the the EGR valve and i think its the AIR and the other 1. now if i got that stuff deleted in a tune i wouldnt have a header leak or would i. also is there ways in finding header leaks cuz i listen and i just cant seem 2 put a 100% answer were it is. i think its the EGR and the other 1s coming out of the headers cuz i didnt put the little gaskets over the tubes. i just matched everything up and screwed them in. now on the manifolds i used all new GM gaskets not the shitty pace setter ones. did anyone use like a sealer or something 2 with there header leak if so wat is it.

any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks guys
Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

next time, buy some of that copper gasket spray you can get at the auto parts store. apply that to all your header stuff and it will never leak. When i removed my headers, it took my probably 15 minutes per header to get the gasket off with a die grinder and a mild pad. It's that sticky.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

ya i heard of that RTV copper spray i think its called. is that wat u used? they sell it at auto zone i saw it. but the guys there told me never to put that on manifold gaskets and head gaskets. can u cuz i was asking around if anyone used that and nobody really said if they did cuz the guys at autozone were telling me its only rated 2 a certain temp. i'd luv 2 use that stuff.

let me no if its safe 2 use that cuz if it is its going on those EGR and AIR tubes 2 seal it and hopefully that does it.

let me no

thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

you could always just go to the GM dealer and buy the EGR and AIR gaskets
Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Dude take the 30 minutes to get the copper gasket spray like I mentioned in your last thread about this. Not RTV, the copper spray, RTV is silicone (Room Temperature Vulcanizing - RTV is a great sealant but not around O2 sensors etc.)

Unbolt the gaskets and spray them down, then re-assemble and re-torque properly and you should be good to go!