Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

hustled an SRT4...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hustled an SRT4...

Well me and a bunch of my buddies were hanging at the local spot tonight hanging out. When an SRT4, covertable eclipse with an UGLY *** body kit on it and a few other cars came through. The SRT4 stopped in front of us and just looked at us and I asked him "hey man you wanna run it"....he replied with a yes and I asked him how much money he had I said how about 50$, he said ok lets go.

Then all of his buddies started saying pop my hood,blahblahblah. I said ok 40$ and no bullshit no hoodpopping lets go. They agreed

( I could tell it was a totally stock SRT4, and the guy had just bought it....I knew right when I said "LETS GO FROM A DEAD STOP" ...he started laughing and said ok. He had stock street tires on it and I have brand new Drag Radials...

So me, the SRT4, and about 10 of my friends went to the spot we race. It was set, dead stop...id honk 3 times and go.

We stopped,lined up asked if he was ready...he goes "HOLD ON" "WEEEEEEEEEE DEDEDDEDE" he revved it to about 4 grand and held it there and nodded his head... I honked, third honk I left like a bat out of hell...I sprayed the end of first and all my friends said I litterally had 5+ car lenghts in first and by the time I got to 90 and shut down there was easily 8+ and I only sprayed half of second gear.

We pulled into the gas station about 500 feet up to the right. He seemed pretty bummed out and handed over the money. I felt bad for taking it but hey ive been hustled before. He was cocky before we raced so I guess that taught him a lesson. Then about 15 of his friends came around me and I thought they were going to jump me for his money, turns out they just wanted to know what was done. They were all mexican and I had a hard time understanding alot of them one of them said " Wow I know those things run good with a couple bolt ons but you have to have something done"

Well hell im up 40$ cant argue with that.

Sorry no video.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

typical
Old 08-17-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

haha lmao thats awesome man, nice kill
Old 08-17-2006, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

Haha, that guy deserved what he got. He would've been in trouble against even a stock Z28, especially being a vert. Guess he likes giving money away.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BeavermanA
Haha, that guy deserved what he got. He would've been in trouble against even a stock Z28, especially being a vert. Guess he likes giving money away.
vert?

and nice kill!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
vert?
Lol oops, read that as an SRT4 convertible. Shows how much I know about the 4-bangers.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by losiguy
I sprayed the end of first and all my friends said I litterally had 5+ car lenghts in first and by the time I got to 90 and shut down there was easily 8+ and I only sprayed half of second gear.
How do you spray at the end of first and only half of second gear? Do you have some kinda pushbutton on your steering wheel that you can turn on and off?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Good kill. thats a funny story.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Launching!

Nice kill, I raced an Srt-4 just recently. He had all the boltons but still stock turbo, he was decently fast. He ran a 12.7 on street tires thats damn good for fwd if you ask me. He kept up reasonably well(within 2-3 cars of me) through second gear from a 40 roll. But, once I hit third it was bye bye srt-4. You got to watch out for some of these Srt-4 guys that throw a huge *** turbo on there. They cab be lethal from a highway roll. From a stop they usally are slow, due to traction issues.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DD966
How do you spray at the end of first and only half of second gear? Do you have some kinda pushbutton on your steering wheel that you can turn on and off?

I have a push button in the ash tray but will be switching to WOT/Window switch soon.

Cgillies- You should come to woodward with me and some buddies sometime. There is a stage 3 SRT4 that would be interesting to see you guys go at it. Its pretty quick Hell maybe even me and you can get some runs in for fun. You owe it to me since I got to drive your car for about 35 seconds. Well I was the one that idled it around the building and had to detail it when you wanted it clean. Although it probably wasnt showroom they told me just to clean it but not to spend 3 hours on it so...sorry? Car looks great man, you happy with it?

Thanks everyone...it really put a smile on my face to be up 40$ man thats a tank of gas lol.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Launching!

I have a push button in the ash tray but will be switching to WOT/Window switch soon.

Cgillies- You should come to woodward with me and some buddies sometime. There is a stage 3 SRT4 that would be interesting to see you guys go at it. Its pretty quick Hell maybe even me and you can get some runs in for fun. You owe it to me since I got to drive your car for about 35 seconds. Well I was the one that idled it around the building and had to detail it when you wanted it clean. Although it probably wasnt showroom they told me just to clean it but not to spend 3 hours on it so...sorry? Car looks great man, you happy with it?

Thanks everyone...it really put a smile on my face to be up 40$ man thats a tank of gas lol.
Yea, I am really happy with it. It seems like those stage 3 srt-4s can be hit or miss in terms of power. I have seen the trap as slow as 110 and as fast as 122. Maybe it has something to do with the High Octane Mode.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Teching In

With todays gas prices what did that get you.. 5 gallons?

Nice kill. I can't believe people so really so clueless about a car that has been kicking azz for 42 years now. It's not like the Camaro/Trans-Am were ecno cars that someone but in a big motor. I mean you can't really have a sleep Camaro.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
With todays gas prices what did that get you.. 5 gallons?

Nice kill. I can't believe people so really so clueless about a car that has been kicking azz for 42 years now. It's not like the Camaro/Trans-Am were ecno cars that someone but in a big motor. I mean you can't really have a sleep Camaro.

i have a convertible thirdgen RS that begs to differ....
Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So how exactly did you hustle him? Sounds like a pretty clean race, both agreed to run for $40 without inspecting engine bays.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
So how exactly did you hustle him? Sounds like a pretty clean race, both agreed to run for $40 without inspecting engine bays.

I told him it was a stock camaro with an exhaust. I guess I kind of did being the fact he didnt know anythnig about LS1's. On the way to the race spot I was pretending to lose to my buddies mustang so he would think its slow They wanted to pop hoods but I kinda just hurried everybody into leaving so none of that would happen.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha i love it man awesome kill and it makes it better when he pays for your gas huh!! ricer=
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

I honked, third honk I left like a bat out of hell...I sprayed the end of first and all my friends said I litterally had 5+ car lenghts in first and by the time I got to 90 and shut down there was easily 8+ and I only sprayed half of second gear.
Are you using an aftermarket fuel pump?
Any N20 accessories?
Any track times?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
Are you using an aftermarket fuel pump?
Any N20 accessories?
Any track times?
No
Bottle heater, Nitrous pressure gauge,Purge