Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost my car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost my car?

Everyone says how you can get the most bang for your buck on a low budget turbo set up. Can anyone clue me in on how to do this? Id like to get at least 400whp out of her and I have a budget of 300 a month or so on the car. I figured maybe I could gather parts over the winter. Everyone says it. Maybe someone could explain it?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

get a wet nitrous kit and call it a day....SO much cheaper
Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddnspider
get a wet nitrous kit and call it a day....SO much cheaper
But I dont wanna splode my motor... Besides everyone loves power on demand.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

then get a cam and heads...over 400rwhp easy...and nitrous wont blow ur motor if u do it right...i had a baby cam and a 100 shot and made 430rwhp and 470lb ft of torque and it drove like stock and sounded almost stock too.If your goal is only 400rwhp itll save you THOUSANDS of dollars going that route
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddnspider
then get a cam and heads...over 400rwhp easy...and nitrous wont blow ur motor if u do it right...i had a baby cam and a 100 shot and made 430rwhp and 470lb ft of torque and it drove like stock and sounded almost stock too.If your goal is only 400rwhp itll save you THOUSANDS of dollars going that route
The Emphasis on the word THOUSANDS makes me think. Id love to do something unique though.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

At $300 a month you might have a turbo car ready to start in two years. Then the power will break the 10-bolt or the trans or both after a month or two. Then for $300 a month you could have the car up and running in another 1-2 years depending on what all broke. Then the bottom end? I'd say in 5 years you could probly have a pretty strong turbo set-up running. The point is, if you don't plan to spend THOUSANDS, FI is not for you.

400rwhp is fairly easy, you don't need a turbo or nitrous. Choice #1) bolt-ons and a good size cam. Choice #2 bolt-ons and a mild heads and cam set-up. Either one will get you the numbers. Choice one is cheaper but a little less street friendly. But no matter how the power is made it will lead to spending more money. Going fast is expensive, it's making me go broke, but it sure is fun.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rufretic
At $300 a month you might have a turbo car ready to start in two years. Then the power will break the 10-bolt or the trans or both after a month or two. Then for $300 a month you could have the car up and running in another 1-2 years depending on what all broke. Then the bottom end? I'd say in 5 years you could probly have a pretty strong turbo set-up running. The point is, if you don't plan to spend THOUSANDS, FI is not for you.

400rwhp is fairly easy, you don't need a turbo or nitrous. Choice #1) bolt-ons and a good size cam. Choice #2 bolt-ons and a mild heads and cam set-up. Either one will get you the numbers. Choice one is cheaper but a little less street friendly. But no matter how the power is made it will lead to spending more money. Going fast is expensive, it's making me go broke, but it sure is fun.
You said it... I love blasting down the quater mile or street but I sure hate when I look in my wallet and little fruit flies fly out. I feel like a sitcom dad, I open my wallet and suddenly bills, then girlfriend, then girlfriend wants dates on top of money, then more bills, the car then I look and say WTF!?!?!?! My dad told me go to college so you can afford whatever you want, **** that he didnt go to school and he has 3 sports cars, Ive got one and Im poor... Women are the bane of a man's existence.

Quick Reply: Boost my car?