Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny installed now car runs like crap...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny installed now car runs like crap...

well I had a 700r4 put in, mine shot crap. now car runs like crap. 108 blms.. and car is stumbling bad almost like they knocked off a vacumn line. put on a vacumn gauge and it is pulling only 7-9 inches. it was around 9-11" because of the cam. I noticed that there is like a round 5 or more pin plug not plugged in on the tranny on the driver side on top of the tranny, I can't get my hand in there to put it in.. the tranny in there has been modded and runs a non lock-up tc. does that plug have anything to do with the tcc lockup? and can that be why my car is doing what it is doing. checked 02's they are cycling fine... at a loss...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:58 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do need to get that plug connected for lock up operation. As far as it effecting the way you car is running I don't think so. How does the trans work otherwise?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Default tranny..

well it seems to shift find, except when I go wot, I have to let off alittle to get it to shift...

the tranny has been modified to run non lockup, and I have a non lockup stall, I noticed that the plug will not fit into tranny, my plug is a round plug, the one on the tranny is a square like 4 pin plug. do I still need it plugged or wired up? since it is a non lock-up tranny now?

it acts like it reset my tune I just had done, I am going back tomorrow and get my chip reburned, to see if that helps,or maybe change the fuel parameters...
Old 08-19-2006, 08:55 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I did not know that your trans is a nonlockup now. It is fine to leave it unpluged. It should not have an effect on the way your motor runs. I would however ask the guy who built your trans if he modified the lockup vavle in the pump. This needs to be done so you get the proper cooler flow.