Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Getting my First F-Body T56 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting my First F-Body T56 Clutch

Ok, I am considering purchasing an F-Body, a 99 NBM T56 TA, As things should fall, I will have about $3k left over after I buy the vehicle. I am thinking Shifter, LTs, Clutch, and some suspension. I don't really wanna go fast, but solid 12's would be nice (yes I can drive). I am looking for advice on a good clutch and shifter. LTs I am thinking Kooks or SW (but thats for another thread). So I am taking advice on shifters and clutch. I was self proclaim that I drive the **** out of a car. So I need a clutch that will take a beating. I am also looking for a short controlable shift, and it has to be a strong shifter as I have a strong right arm (my DD has no powersteering and I drive it one handed) Advice welcome
Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

spec 2 or ram
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stay away from Spec, seems like they're making alot of **** these days. I would look at the LS7 clutch as I havent heard many complaints as of yet. My stage 3 spec is starting to slip at 7k miles and I'm nothing but bolt ons.

As for the shifter, the Pro 5.0 is popular. I love mine, its a little notchy but not bad at all, and its on a daily driver.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you're looking for solid 12's i think you'll find the LS7 clutch adequite! mine sure is! i love it and drive the "****" out of my car as well and it's standing up nicely. i am also another SPEC hater as my SPEC3 fell apart (yes pieces came off of it) after 6K easy street miles! since i've had the LS7 it's held all my abuse and isn't letting up any!

as for shifters, i have the SLP short throw with a "quik stik" or whatever their called on top of it. i really like how it feels, and i've never had a problem getting the gears. many people like their Pro5.0 though.

Matt's $0.02....hope it helps!

Quick Reply: Getting my First F-Body T56 Clutch