Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Can anyone tell me how to put blackbird stripes?

Old 08-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me how to put blackbird stripes?

I already bought a set of Blackbird stripes from fourth circle designs, but I am still confused about how to put the stripes on my car. Has anyone done it before? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your gonna need a mix of soap and water in a squit bottle... Spray the decal and the car enough so you can slide the decal around once it touches the car... Once you have it where you want it, squeege the excess water out from underneath
Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i advise you to do this indoors. First, with the paper still on the back of the stripes, line it up on the hood to get an idea of where it will go. Then, you can make or buy a solution or make a soapy mix and put it all over the area where the decal will go. Make sure you have a good amount on, cause once these decals stick down, there down for good. Then basically just line the stripes up with the bodylines of the hood. Make sure you get all the air bubbles out fast using a credit card or something like that. push from the middle outwards. Then, park your car outside in the sun for a good long while and let the heat take out any bubbles in there. It will also make the vinyl shrink slightly to get more water out also. Any bubbles left should come out in the sun. Thats basically it, no real science to putting these down. good luck!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The main thing is to be patient and take your time. Use plenty of soapy water and don't put them on in the sun. You should be fine then, good luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i tried to do this before with a free window decal and it came out full of tons of little tiny bubbles
Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

You are going to want to squeeze the water out with a hard peice of rubber and make sure there are no bubbles because they will not come out after the stripes dry.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before putting them on the car though, I would trim them to fit snug with your "nostrils" on your hood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me how to put blackbird stripes?