Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

silver ws6...wtf

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default silver ws6...wtf

last night i was coming home from the ross park mall and seen a silver trans am and wanted to run em so i pulled next to him and he just took off. no nod or honk of anything he just takes off and i was just sitting there. now he will probably go and tell people that he smoked me, not that he knows who i am or do i know who he is its just the point. its hard to find races around here and then i find one it turns out to be a waste. i know this isnt a kill or anthing but it just pisses me off so i typed it, im sure other people go through this every now and then.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

i know how you feel....
Old 08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that happened to me today on the way to work! i was driving, minding my own business and tailing this blacked out tinted black grand prix. he's going the same speed as me and he's hogging the left lane while i'm just crusing at 60mph in the right lane, he's just ahead a car length or two and there's really no one else on the road. normally left-lane cruisers who go the same speed as the right lane bother me to no end, but he wasn't in my way so who cares. we wind up at a light and i'm just minding my own business. the light goes green and i start hearing light tire squeels. i'm thinking "damn, did i take off hard or something?" i thought i was spinning a bit. no, it's the jackass in the grand prix taking off and he's way ahead of me. i try to mash it and blow by him but he's too far out and there's traffic up ahead so i can't pass him. now he's gonna tell his friends he beat some big old bad firebird. i was gaining on his ***, too. he was just 3 lengths ahead of me and i had to shut down at 55-60ish because there was traiffc 50 yards ahead of me at that point so i had no chance i'm not about to cause an accident for some punk in a grand prix.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Hehe thats funny. I happen to find a post about an EVO running a C5 TT talking how the C5 didn't impress him and what not. Here I find out it's my friends C5 and the story he told was very different. 2 of the 3 runs there was traffic so the C5 never got to really put on the EVO yet the EVO made it sound like it was a close race.

I also had a guy in an R23 VW do a ricer fly by and I tried to catch him but he turned before I could line up with him. I spent a week on the R23 forums waiting for the story to hit the internet.. Sadly it never did. I so wanted to rip into that guy.

This is why I only believe 1% of stuff said on the internet.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i was looking for a trans am guy saying he smoked a camaro last night on the boards but there is nothing there..oh well...i would still like to race him though
Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

one of my frineds has a 02 mustang gt with 30rwhp and he is telling ppl he smokes me all the time when i got it on vid that i beat him by 3 car lengths hahahaha! i'll try and dind the vid!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Hehe thats funny. I happen to find a post about an EVO running a C5 TT talking how the C5 didn't impress him and what not. Here I find out it's my friends C5 and the story he told was very different. 2 of the 3 runs there was traffic so the C5 never got to really put on the EVO yet the EVO made it sound like it was a close race.

I also had a guy in an R23 VW do a ricer fly by and I tried to catch him but he turned before I could line up with him. I spent a week on the R23 forums waiting for the story to hit the internet.. Sadly it never did. I so wanted to rip into that guy.

This is why I only believe 1% of stuff said on the internet.
That's for sure. 90% of Internet "races" are horse ****. Runs to 70mph...no warning runs and flybys. It's fun to read, but generally crap. It's not a race unless both people know about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a race story and it starts with I saw the guy do this, or I know he floored it, or any of that kind of crap without knowing your opponent acknowledged your existence. You may be the only one racing.

Not always the case, but often.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigRon77
If you have a race story and it starts with I saw the guy do this, or I know he floored it, or any of that kind of crap without knowing your opponent acknowledged your existence. You may be the only one racing.
Shhhh thats how I win most of my races.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
normally left-lane cruisers who go the same speed as the right lane bother me to no end
I know this is way off topic, But amen to that brother-times about a million. I'm a pretty calm guy, and not much bothers me, but for some reason this just eats my *** when people do that. Sorry, but when I read this I litteraly said "F yeah" out loud.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
I know this is way off topic, But amen to that brother-times about a million. I'm a pretty calm guy, and not much bothers me, but for some reason this just eats my *** when people do that. Sorry, but when I read this I litteraly said "F yeah" out loud.
i agree...but what gets me is the old people who dont even do the speed limit in the left lane...thats the worst
Old 08-18-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed on both those points... If I use the left lane, I'm moving past everyone in the other two lanes. Then the best is when I'm already doing ~75-80 in the left, someone comes flying up on me, switches lanes, gets blocked in, then get stuck next to me in the middle lane, blocking me from getting over to my exit. Then you speed up to pass and they think it's the backstretch at Daytona

-J