Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Mount ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Mount ???

I snapped my tranny mount in my 00 Z-28. Im trying to get a poly one, but I called energy suspension and they said they dont make one for my car. Where is evryone getting there poly mounts from. One more thing how do I avoid that god awful viration from the poly mount. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the universal one they sell at autozone. GM only makes 2 kinds, a one with one bolt on the bottom, and one with 2 bolts on the bottom.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...ory=Suspension / Chassis Scroll to the bottom. That's the Energy Suspension one.

I use the Prothane one. I've used both and like the Prothane better. This is the Prothane one. http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=92
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

The same mount works for our '73 Camaro as what will work in my '02. Pretty bad that they don't even know how/where their own products will work! The mount has 3 holes in it, 1 for the center mount (which the LS1 uses) or 2 outside holes for those specific applications.

To help avoid some of the vibration, you can leave the plate that they provide with the mount OUT ... DON'T install that plate!!! Just bolt the mount directly to your tranny, and that's it. For some guys this works, for others, it doesn't. I have/had the poly mount in with my A4, but I put back the factory LS1 mount because I didn't like the vibes it caused. Now I have the poly mount installed with my T56, but again, it's vibrating more than I'd like. Chances are it's my driveshaft CAUSING the vibes, just that the poly mount will actually transmit more of them into the car?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:09 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that the poly mounts in almost every vehicle cause a vibration. I believe they are much stronger than the oem mounts but is the vibration livable? I do know that sometimes raising and lower the driveline angles will change vibrations.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

It is livable, if you never drive over 60mph.

You still feel it around town, but it really "shines" over 60 for most people. I believe it is caused by pinion angle or other related area and the mount is transferring it into the car much more than the stock mount did.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

i installed mine and havent felt any new vibrations, i have a cutout dumped under the rear seat so maybe that masks it, but i have to say the discomfort caused by a poly trans mount just doesnt exist if you install it right (and its hard to **** that up)...
Old 08-19-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

I thought it was fine at first as well, until I learned to differentiate between exhaust vibrations and driveline vibrations...then it just became annoying. Especially on the interstate. We don't even take my car there now, and won't until the exhaust is out the back with tips, the OEM mount is back in and my suspension is all done and adjusted properly.