Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 vs 99 GTP

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z28 vs 99 GTP w/ crappy vid

I finally got to line up against my friends GTP the other day in the Camaro. I lined up against him once or twice in my Stang when I had it and he always beat me(since it was slow as hell). This time things were a bit different but not quite as I expected. The details on the GTP are as follows:
3.4 pulley
Short ram cold air intake
SLP headers
Custom mandrel bent exhaust with flowmasters and no cats
Digital Horsepower PCM

My car just has a Magnaflow catback and a SLP lid.

Anyways, we lined up on an empty private drive at a friend of ours work. They have a nice strech of road that is just over a quarter mile. I let my friend count down and say go since I figured I'd have the advantage over him. As soon as he said go he jumped and I got on it right after. We both spun for about 30 ft or so, him spinning worse since his tires are horrible. My front bumper was at his front tires to about 60mph then I started to slowly pull away. At the quarter mile mark, I had a little over a car on him.

I was really surprised how well he kept up on the lower end. I know he's getting some knock up top so I'm sure that's not helping him. He will be working on getting rid of that with some colder plugs and a different CAI(Whiz Air). He said once he gets rid of the knock he's going to move to a 3.25 pulley. Once he gets that, I know he'll probably take me. Time to get those headers and Y pipe.

EDIT: I attached a crappy vid of the race my friend recorded with his cell phone. You can definitely see how close it was down low though and how much I need to work on my launch The vid is a .3gp file and opens with quicktime.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
08-18-06_1902.zip (86.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by 0utlawTorn; 08-19-2006 at 09:59 AM.