Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Carbon Fiber Berger and TB-less Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carbon Fiber Berger and TB-less Intake

Josh,

Any status updates on the Berger panel and TB-less intake??
Posting here because I know others are interested too.

My mod list is running out and these are 2 I'm considering especially the Berger.

Bryan
Old 08-19-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha....thinking the same thing here, but we should give him some time!!
Old 08-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

No problem on the time thing, just trying to plan ahead so I can tell my wife what to buy me next
Old 08-19-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im still searching for the cf berger too
Old 08-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Banned

Updates:

Intake cover without throttle body covered...

This item will not be made. It turns out that a whole new mold/tool would have to be made. We wont be able to modify the existing mold to make this work. The demand for the items aren't great enough to justify making a whole new tool.
I've sold less than 10 intake covers, both single items and as a whole package. Over time I may sell only 5-10 of the throttle body-less ones. I personally only have about $35 mark-up on the intake covers and even less when sold as a whole package at a discounted price. It just isn't worth it to me to chip in money to have a new tool made.

This whole thing was never intended as a money maker. It's so I can get cool items to you guys for the lowest possible price, but I'm not going to lose money and making that cover would lose money for me.

On the Berger panel...

I do want to make this item even if it will be a slight loss for me in the beginning because of the tooling costs. There just isn't a quality item on the market and there needs to be. It's my duty to have one made.

There are some sacrifices/choices to be made.... look at this picture to give you an idea.

This is a huge panel when you look at the whole thing. We try to make free-standing parts made in a mold, but this whole panel can't be made from carbon fiber... it would have an un-GODly price attached to it.

Sooo.... we would have to make a veneer or "clip-on" type panel that would have a lip to wrap around the top edge by the lights/trunk area and have the curve to flow with the body line. It would cover the part that is seen, this part is still in the design phase. It doesn't exist yet. I really don't know when it will be done, because I'm not the actual person making the tool/mold.

Price? I don't even know. Again, it's not made yet and I have no idea. I've heard a $250 number in a previous thread and honestly it would likely be higher than that. Sorry guys, but I just don't see that price happening.

Rest assured, what ever the price turns out to be... I'm not gouging,(I'm barely covering costs, and honestly, I doubt I'm even covering my sponsorship costs, I'm just not paying attention to the money very closely.)

Again, I'm on this site to hang out with friends, I just wanted to offer things that you can't find elsewhere, it's not about the money.
It's just that the carbon stuff is costly so it naturally has a big tag on it.

I've laid it all on the line so you guys can see what I see. ~Joshua

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 08-19-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Updates:

Intake cover without throttle body covered...

This item will not be made. It turns out that a whole new mold/tool would have to be made. We wont be able to modify the existing mold to make this work. The demand for the items aren't great enough to justify making a whole new tool.
I've sold less than 10 intake covers, both single items and as a whole package. Over time I may sell only 5-10 of the throttle body-less ones. I personally only have about $35 mark-up on the intake covers and even less when sold as a whole package at a discounted price. It just isn't worth it to me to chip in money to have a new tool made.

This whole thing was never intended as a money maker. It's so I can get cool items to you guys for the lowest possible price, but I'm not going to lose money and making that cover would lose money for me.

On the Berger panel...

I do want to make this item even if it will be a slight loss for me in the beginning becasue of the tooling costs. There just isn't a quality item on the market and there needs to be. It's my duty to have one made.

There are some sacrifices/choices to be made.... look at this picture to give you an idea.

This is a huge panel when you look at the whole thing. We try to make free-standing parts made in a mold, but this whole panel can't be made from carbon fiber... it would have an un-GODly price attached to it.

Sooo.... we would have to make a veneer or "clip-on" type panel that would have a lip to wrap around the top edge by the lights/trunk area and have the curve to flow with the body line. It would cover the part that is seen, this part is still in the design phase. It doesn't exist yet. I really don't know when it will be done, buecasue I'm not the actual person making the tool/mold.

Price? I don't even know. Again, it's not made yet and I have no idea. I've heard a $250 number in a previous thread and honestly it would likely be higher than that. Sorry guys, but I just don't see that price happening.

Rest assured, what ever the price turns out to be... I'm not gouging,(I'm barely covering costs, and honestly, I doubt I'm even covering my sponsorship costs, I'm just not paying attention to the money very closely.) It's just that the carbon stuff is costly so it naturally has a big tag on it.

I've laid it all on the line so you guys can see what I see. ~Joshua

Well, I for one appreciate your honestly and straightforwardness by laying it out there for us. Quite honestly I was EXPECTING a clip on or overlay for the berger panel rather than an entire OEM replacement piece. That would not be practical at all. So, I don't have a problem with an overlay. My only so called "requirement" for purchase would be the CAMARO letters deleted which I think you addressed previously.

Thanks for doing your best to bring some of these items to market. Slightly disappointed with the TB-less decision but that's the breaks. Just have to leave the entire intake exposed now
Old 08-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

^^^ Yeah, it's tough having to make the choice.. but... oh well.

Here's some pics of the reject cover that I chopped to get the lines right to research the tool/mold making...

Notice the head on view looking straight at the throttlebody? It looks like an airplane hanger and that big opening has to be closed off in a glaceful fashion.
We couldn't make it happen with the current tool, so I was given the choice of having to spend the cash on a new tool.

The roughly $500 I would have to pay on my part would not likely be made up in profit. So I let this one go.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parbreak
Slightly disappointed with the TB-less decision but that's the breaks. Just have to leave the entire intake exposed now
WTF?! Your intake is sharp...why would you want to cover it up??!!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Hey man thanks for the information on this. Much like Parbreak I expected some sort of clip on or cover because the panel is quite busy, and it would definitely be pretty expensive to make the entire thing out of CF. Im looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
WTF?! Your intake is sharp...why would you want to cover it up??!!

Thanks!!! Well, the entire intake wouldn't be covered, just the runners. The flat portion where the fuel injectors seat and the bolt posts, etc. would still be exposed. Plus this cover is so easy to pop on and off it would just be nice to have for a change of look. You know, mix it up a little!!

I would buy the full cover right now, but I really hate to cover the MTI billet TB.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-19-2006, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by parbreak
Well, I for one appreciate your honestly and straightforwardness by laying it out there for us. Quite honestly I was EXPECTING a clip on or overlay for the berger panel rather than an entire OEM replacement piece. That would not be practical at all. So, I don't have a problem with an overlay. My only so called "requirement" for purchase would be the CAMARO letters deleted which I think you addressed previously.

Thanks for doing your best to bring some of these items to market. Slightly disappointed with the TB-less decision but that's the breaks. Just have to leave the entire intake exposed now
hey i have seen that panel before thanks for the info man. if you can do something with this panel let me know. will help how ever i can. you sound like a stand up guy. i see buying some carbon fiber fuse box covers & battery cover in the near future. thanks for the great work!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Josh,

I am another one that is a little disappointed that you wont be making a cover without the TB. But, I will survive

I am interested in the Berger panel, your fuse and battery covers, etc, etc. BUT what I really, really, really want is a nice Carbon Fiber interior kit.

Pretty Please? (did that help?)

BTW: Do you want to get rid of the cover that you cut up when trying to make the one without the TB cover?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Josh,

I am another one that is a little disappointed that you wont be making a cover without the TB. But, I will survive

I am interested in the Berger panel, your fuse and battery covers, etc, etc. BUT what I really, really, really want is a nice Carbon Fiber interior kit.

Pretty Please? (did that help?)

BTW: Do you want to get rid of the cover that you cut up when trying to make the one without the TB cover?
I personally want some interior carbon fiber kits. Hell my car could use a lil' interior help to go along with the engine bling. If I'm in business long enough I'll definately have interior kits made. Those will sell for sure.

The chopped intake cover didn't belong to me. It was a reject that was given to me for the purpose of messing it up even more. It was returned to the carbon fiber maker to look into making a part for sale. I have no idea what happened to it after we killed the project. Trust me, you wouldn't want that part anyway. ~Joshua
Old 08-19-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

josh if you ever made a carbon fiber interior kit id hands down buy one from you but make sure ya make it for an auto trans am and not just M6 camaros and such
Old 08-19-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 for the carbon fiber interior. Im getting a little tired of the boring stock interior and I dont want to just throw some silver bessels on or anything like that. If Im gonna do something to the interior, I want the peices to be quality, and your stuff is the best of quality. SO MAKE IT ALREADY!!! Just kinding man.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you thought of getting a core rear panel either from customers or salvage yards, ebay, etc and laying CF over it?

Any chance you could cover interior pieces in CF if mailed to you? I'm looking for someone to do some interior CF work and you all have awesome products.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
Have you thought of getting a core rear panel either from customers or salvage yards, ebay, etc and laying CF over it?

Any chance you could cover interior pieces in CF if mailed to you? I'm looking for someone to do some interior CF work and you all have awesome products.
We don't "glue" carbon fiber on parts. Our items are made in a mold under vaccum and heat.

That's why we have such high quality.

Everything will have to play out in due time. If it's meant to be it will happen.

Thanks for the interest though. ~Joshua
Old 08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

hey josh, do i have 2 call you guys to order stuff or can you go thru website? you take credit cards correct. let me know the way 2 go for ordering. was thinking about the battery cover,fuse covers. how much for shipping to 08525 n.j. thanks marc
Old 08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Y2KNJSS
hey josh, do i have 2 call you guys to order stuff or can you go thru website? you take credit cards correct. let me know the way 2 go for ordering. was thinking about the battery cover,fuse covers. how much for shipping to 08525 n.j. thanks marc
If you could, give me a call. That's the best way. I respond to emails left on the website, but honestly I don't check them near as often as I should.

~Joshua 678/492/6843 anytime.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

good deal. thanks will do.