Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superior Shift Improver Kit and P1870

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superior Shift Improver Kit and P1870

I don't know if I'm going to get in trouble for this as none of the spondsers seem to carry this product.

I did a google search on a problem I've been having with th P1870 code and my harsh shifts. I found a product called the "Superior Shift Improver Kit" that said it relieves the P1870 code. Does anyone here have any experience with this product, and will it actually work to alleviate my P1870 code?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Posting about the product is fine, its posting to non-sponsors that carry it that isn't.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Thats why I didnt put a link to any of the pages about it I found on google.
I don't know much about transmissions, and I don't know if the product will work for my problem.
It seems that the transgo shift kit fixes the problem as well, and I was wondering if the two products were similer. The superior being half the price of the transgo.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The superior kit does help correct the problem as well. It is cheaper than the transgo kit however you don't get as much either. IMO I like to get more for my money!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks Vince,

Could you sell me on exaclty what more I get for my money? I have a tranny tune that bumped up shift firmmness and time alr4eady. What more would I be getting, and how would it help me?

BTW, I have a Fuddle 3400 stall thats apperently causeing the problem.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:21 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Boost valve, tcc regulator valve, high rev springs,new shift valve and afl valve spring plus every thing that is in the superior kit. I'm thinking alot more for your money! I sell the kit for $95. What prices have you gotten?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't really been shoppign around for it yet, cheapest I found was 78.88 + 9 shipping.

I think the probelm may be due to my converter slipping in OD, as it only opccurs after a long period of driving in OD, like on the highway. Will this fix the problem, if thats the case or do I just need a new converter?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Also,does the transgo fic the valvebody? Because thats a common thing that seems to be a fix to this problem.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:57 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
I haven't really been shoppign around for it yet, cheapest I found was 78.88 + 9 shipping.

I think the probelm may be due to my converter slipping in OD, as it only opccurs after a long period of driving in OD, like on the highway. Will this fix the problem, if thats the case or do I just need a new converter?

Is that price for the hd-2 kit? How long have you been throwing the code on the highway? Hopefully you haven't damaged the tc. The transgo kit does address the valve body issues that you are having.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks,
I honestly don't know what a valva body is. Have yet to to attempt to learn about transmissions. Before I threw the code I've felt as if the TC lock-up was not the same it used to be. I was wondering if the TC might just be going... Bought it in Decemebr from Fuddle, and his then great warrentee seems to be null now.

I posted some details opn my problem in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/561094-p1870-shifting-trouble.html

yes it says it is the HD2 kit, sent you a PM with a link to the site...

Quick Reply: Superior Shift Improver Kit and P1870