Anybody in Houston have a job hookup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody in Houston have a job hookup?

Any job hookups in/around Houston? We're planning on moving soon, and I thought I'd see if there were any good opportunities in the Houston area. I've been a journeyman mechanic at an Army Depot for right at 5 years now. Also been a reserve police officer for 5 years too. I've done everything from bagging groceries in H.S. to being an operator at a hazardous waste recycling plant and doing directional drilling installing fiberoptic cable. Also worked as a correctional officer for over a year . I only have like 22-24 hrs. of College, so that's kinda holding me back. Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try the army depot down in corpus christi
Old 08-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

why don't you go back to college so you can actually find a career instead of looking for odd jobs the rest of your life
Old 08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

or he could just work for himself....dont need a college degree to slang dope
Old 08-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Texas Director

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SlowTA
why don't you go back to college so you can actually find a career instead of looking for odd jobs the rest of your life
Slow, if you can't say something thats helpful to the man why be a jackass and say something like this? Maybe you ought to look for somewhere else to post if you can't show respect to other people on this board. You're walking on thin ice with the mods on here!
Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
Slow, if you can't say something thats helpful to the man why be a jackass and say something like this? Maybe you ought to look for somewhere else to post if you can't show respect to other people on this board. You're walking on thin ice with the mods on here!
thats why it says "ASSHAT" underneath his name

P.S.im going to stop whoring up your thread
Old 08-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Any job hookups in/around Houston? We're planning on moving soon, and I thought I'd see if there were any good opportunities in the Houston area. I've been a journeyman mechanic at an Army Depot for right at 5 years now. Also been a reserve police officer for 5 years too. I've done everything from bagging groceries in H.S. to being an operator at a hazardous waste recycling plant and doing directional drilling installing fiberoptic cable. Also worked as a correctional officer for over a year . I only have like 22-24 hrs. of College, so that's kinda holding me back. Any suggestions?
My suggestion is to go ahead and pack your bags and move to Houston. Then start networking, you should be able to find something within 2 or 3 weeks MAX. It all pretty much depends on WHAT you want to do...

The job market is very strong right now here.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How is what he said not helpful?
Old 08-19-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
try the army depot down in corpus christi
Yea, acutally that's probably our favorite place we'd like to go. The depot just doesn't have any openings that I can qualify for right now.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11SECDWS6
My suggestion is to go ahead and pack your bags and move to Houston. Then start networking, you should be able to find something within 2 or 3 weeks MAX. It all pretty much depends on WHAT you want to do...

The job market is very strong right now here.
I'm waiting on some land that I have up for sale to sell, then I can move once I have all of my bills paid off and hit the road.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SlowTA
Actually I have a good career here, and law enforcement as a means to fall back on. If I was looking for odd jobs, I'd be asking if I could mow everyones lawn.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by |Drew|
How is what he said not helpful?
Its just SlowTA being the typical jackass and pot stirrer that he is with his smart-alec remarks. His act is wearing thin on here with a lot of people.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

Its just SlowTA being the typical jackass and pot stirrer that he is with his smart-alec remarks. His act is wearing thin on here with a lot of people.
Ahhh, just go ahead and ban him. He's not going to change.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

dang man didnt know you were thinking about moving, good luck with it though, BTW everyone that has seen my car since we swapped wheels has liked it as much or more, turned out great. If you wanted to im sure you could always get a job in law enforcement in houston, wouldnt be my first choice though cause of the area. that would be great if you could get the job in corpus. hows everyone like the wheels on yours? if you make it down there have to meet up with ya when im down there for a car cruise or meet or something, if you havent sold the TA yet, hope ya dont have to that was a really nice WS6. anyway with the previous jobs, and skills you have you shouldnt have any problems finding a job down there.

sorry for the disjointed post only had about 2 minutes to type it and get going to get a few things done
Old 08-19-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

needmorepunctuation....thatlastposthurtsmyeyes
Old 08-19-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Glad everyone likes the wheels. I think everybody likes mine better with the ZR1s. Looks like we both came out ahead with the trade. I may just pay off the T/A when I get my land sold. I kinda hate thinking about selling it. After talking with my wife, we've picked Corpus and Austin as two of our main choices. I need to be close to water though so I can go out and play in the jetboat every now and then
Old 08-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Curveball TECH

I think pasadena police is one of the highest paid pd's in texas....I wouldn't want to live there though.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

pasadena police station sux *** specifically the drunk tank when theres some mexican guy taking a **** in the stainless pot every ten minutes while its ******** and elbows full of drunks and stoners.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Actually I have a good career here, and law enforcement as a means to fall back on. If I was looking for odd jobs, I'd be asking if I could mow everyones lawn.
If you had a great career you wouldn't leave it for nothing. Then on top of that you already have a back up plan for when it fails. If you had these things all lined up this thread would be pointless, obviously you made it for a reason.

Im pretty sure I have given the best advice in the thread. Getting a degree in a specific field means employment. Isn't that what this thread was about? I mean you should know how great college has been to you I mean you still talk about your alma matter UT all the time. Oh **** nvm, thats not where you went.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
pasadena police station sux *** specifically the drunk tank when theres some mexican guy taking a **** in the stainless pot every ten minutes while its ******** and elbows full of drunks and stoners.
Didn't say it was nice, just that if I remember right one of the highest paid.

I personally saw a coked up dude try in run before they threw him in the tank and they f*d up his ***, cool ****.