Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fun at the track. Now I need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun at the track. Now I need some help.

Hi everyone

Just got from the track where I did another slightly subpar personal best of 12.70 @ 120 w/ a 2.196 60' on brand new 555r's. No time to "congratulate" me. I have a problem. My car's leaking oil and I have no idea where from. After about 7 trips down and an hour-each way road trip I pull in my friends driveway and shut the car off. I go to start it up and the low oil light is on. I get out and check it, sure enough, pretty close to being not even on the stick. I drive the car about 1/2 mile at like 5 miles an hour to the closest gas station and threw in a quart of oil and wiped off the top of the oil cap. (b/c w/ the STS I get a small amount of oil leaking from the top of the cap.) I've seen the underside of my car and have noticed oil all the way back to the black transmission cross member on an occasion last week, but disregarded it. I'm thinking that's just run off from where ever it's leaking.

Where could a few easy places to be or check? I'm thinking that it may be a pcv valve problem, but have absolutely no idea on how to diagnose that. Help me out guys. :-) I know you can do it.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Notice any oil running/dripping out your exhaust tip(s)?

Seems like this is an issue with the STS kit, a few similar posts have been made about this problem. I'd run a search and see if you can pull up those posts...
J
Old 08-21-2006, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Notice any oil running/dripping out your exhaust tip(s)?

Seems like this is an issue with the STS kit, a few similar posts have been made about this problem. I'd run a search and see if you can pull up those posts...
J
I'll 2nd that...

Quick Reply: Fun at the track. Now I need some help.