LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Leo, Rick, Steve, and the guys at GMR Speed kick arse!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Leo, Rick, Steve, and the guys at GMR Speed kick ****!

I'd like to throw out a huge thank you to Leo, Rick, Steve, and the guys at GMR Speed.

As some of you may know, I have been having problems with my car all year. Since the time I first put it together in April. Things like a TPS code that kept getting thrown when there was no TPS problem, a horrible misfire, coolant dissapearing, pointless head gasket replacement, replacing multiple ignition components to track down the misfire, Comp R lifter failure causing a broken pushrod and tearing up my cam, finding pinholes (water leak) in an exhaust port on one head, etc.

So half the summer I have spent trying to figure some things out and the rest of it was spent staying away from the car to avoid stress or dicking around replacing ignition parts.

Well I got my motor to where it was mechanically sound and I had good confidence in it. This included getting part of the cylinder #3 exhaust port covered with a weld and putting my stock lifters back in, ditching the Comp Rs. Next step was to go get dyno tuned at GMR Speed.

I arrived Saturday at 11:30 and we got the car up on the dyno, with Steve Pilic doing the tuning. While watching the scanner and messing with the tune we found a bad misfire (I thought the car was just running that rich).

Turned out he was able to detect that two of my brand new Racetronix 37lb/hr injectors were bums. They were dumping fuel the WHOLE time. Leo happened to have some SVO 30lb/hr injectors there at the shop so we installed them. One problem solved, but we still had a misfire. At least she wasn't dumping fuel anymore...

So back to getting the rest of my missing problem figured out. Rick and Leo had the idea that the problem could be in my injector wiring, because all the plugs were good and my ignition was all new, and we saw no arcing. We started to wiggle the injector connectors around and things got better. We then used the Tech 2 scanner to tell which cylinders were misfiring. We went to those cylinders on the injector connectors and found that the metal prongs inside were just spread apart from being on and off so many times. Rick fixed those up, and after another plug change we had no misfire.

By this time it was around 10:30pm and we decided to call it a night. For the most part the whole day of Saturday was spent on my car, not to mention the evening where they should have been out having a good time. These guys are dedicated as hell...

So I came back Sunday at 2:00pm. Steve would be there at 4:30pm and in this time I hung out with the guys around the shop and also installed a cutout on my car that has been sitting in my garage for a while.

The guys spent a while tuning my car and we ended up with some decent numbers, but my Fuddle Racing torque converter seems a little loose. It won't lock and hold under WOT. Another thing, we started out taking the car to 6500 RPM, and the horsepower was still climbing. So we went to 6800, still climbing yet. We try 7000. The stock 103k lifters couldn't keep up so we stuck with a RPM limit of 6800, shift points at 6300.

Air fuel ratio was good, engine temp was about 185, and we were able to run 38* of timing with no knock on 93 pump gas.

This has been kind of a mediocre write up as I am tired and it is 2:20am. I can't really come up with words to express my thanks to Leo, Rick, Steve, and the rest of the guys at GMR Speed. Best customer service I have ever seen. They are a great bunch of guys and I'd also like to say friends.

If you've ever heard of a problem with them, chances are you didn't hear the whole story.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

Ended up with 385RWHP, 433RWTQ!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot Dan, Im glad we were able to get the car sqaured away, if there is anything else you need dont hesitate to call me or shoot me a PM.

Quick Reply: Leo, Rick, Steve, and the guys at GMR Speed kick arse!