Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Heat related???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heat related???

Hey guys I sent my transmission into T56 rebuilds and when I pulled out of car some reason I couldn't get slave cylinder off tranny. I must be doing something wrong right? well I sent it to T56 and they said the slave cylinder welded itself to tranny, and I'm giong to need new input shaft and possibly new plate thing.

How in the world would a slave cylinder weld itself to transmission. I mean in past I posted about transmission heat concern. I dismissed this because my car used to be an auto and it is now a manual. I just figured that because of hole I had to cut in center heat was escaping through there.

THoughts?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey OZ, its Tyler from Tulsa, remember me? What hole did you have to cut? for the shifter?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of that before....I don't doubt T56 rebuilds, but it seems like it would have to get pretty damn hot for that to occur.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah after 2 hours of Joe working on grinding it off we finally go it off this morning. Looks like it wasted the pilot bearing and the shaft was moving back and forth. Does not look heat related because the throwout bearing was fine. You will for sure need a new input shaft but the front plate is fine.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah tyler I remember you buddy hows the air force treating ya? Also looks to be you got a WS6 Good choice. Nice #'s in your sig too Yes had to cut the hole for the shifter.

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
Yeah after 2 hours of Joe working on grinding it off we finally go it off this morning. Looks like it wasted the pilot bearing and the shaft was moving back and forth. Does not look heat related because the throwout bearing was fine. You will for sure need a new input shaft but the front plate is fine.

Thanks,
Amber

HELP AMBER!!!!!!!! Pilot bearing? is that the thing that goes in the back of the motor or is that on the slave cylinder? Good to hear front plate is fine.

Also guys T56rebuilds customer service is 2nd to none! I found them through Ls1tech.com and will continue to recommend them they ROCK!!!

PS: Use ups, Fedex stinks

Last edited by Michael Ozorowsky; 08-22-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
FormerVendor

The pilot bearing is the one that is in the back of the crankshaft. I like fedex there customer service seems to be good. It might have helped if it had been drained They will not pickup with fluid in it. It is a hazardous material. I will give you a call later in the week about it.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
The pilot bearing is the one that is in the back of the crankshaft. I like fedex there customer service seems to be good. It might have helped if it had been drained They will not pickup with fluid in it. It is a hazardous material. I will give you a call later in the week about it.

Thanks,
Amber

The draining had nothing to do with it. They didn't even look at transmission, said that they didn't bring right truck first time, 2nd they said they didn't have room in their truck. Had nothing to do with fluid. That's not you guys' fault though you rock!

Also do I have to replace the pilot bearing? I bought it from GM is there something wrong with it?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:39 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah there trucks are small. Either way the pilot bearing that we use is a bronze pilot bushing that is solid. The problem with the GM one is if it ever wastes away the input shaft has nothing to support it so the input shaft just bangs around in there. I only recommend the solid one since it is harder to waste away.

Amber
Old 08-22-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

you the woman! you know your stuff. I'll take it