Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Looking for General Remote Turbo information

Old 08-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for General Remote Turbo information

Well it somwhat doesnt belong here (since its a Mopar) but no one else seems to know anything on this subject. Now ever since I seen the rear mounted turbos available for the camaros I thought it wa the best idea ever (well I still think a super is better, in a sence that you dont have to deal with all the piping. but I am getting off topic).

We have a '69 Charger (not a general lee go to hell) and we are restoring it. We arent looking for the whole numbers matching idea but we thought it would be great to have the first (or near it) old mopar with the remote turbo. We will be using the stock engine (440, but stronger bottom end probably). Does anyone know where we can find all the general information we will need, such as:

How to plumb the turbo (if there is any specifics).
Oil line specifics
What kind of boost and what size turbo we are looking at.
General idea of cost
And anything else I am forgeting.
Other plumbing specifics (what diamter do I need, guessing 3.5 inch each way) and where you can get such things (can they be found localy, I dont think anyone here is from Windsor but maybe in Detroit?)

This will be a carbed 440, and we are only looking to make about 600 horse. Probably be better to go heads/cam but we are looking for the "cool" factor. This is a showey street car (that will get driven). We will have nice wheels, nice interior, not gutted and lightweight like a race car. I did read the sticky at the top so dont refer me please.

Thanks
Pete

Last edited by PeteBratt; 08-22-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Restricted User

i'd say for a semi-decent setup get a master power t70 like the one i am using...but with a bigger exhaust housing because of the mandingo motor you guys have.. i have a .68 housing on now..i HAD a .96 and took forever to spool...so i say get an .81 or even a .96 and you should be good..charge intake pipes from turbo to motor should be about 2.25" no more than 2.5" (mines are about 2") Exahsut pipes should be 3.5" or whatever size the outlet of the turbo is, keep that size as much as possible. Oil lines;the feed line comig from the motor will be "smaller" then the return..i used all braided lines and all russell red/blue oil/nitrous fittings The feed line will need a check valve RIGHT BEfore the turbo and you will also need a oil pump (i used a MOCAL diff./tranny fluid pump at racerpartswholesale.com-its kinda LOUD so u know lol) on the return line to help the oil get back to the engine..(i returned my oil back to my oil pan, which i drilled and tapped and put a nice russell fitting on)umm what else..im sure to get to 600 you will need some kind of intercooler and/or cooling so do the piping and think about an intercooler OR you can run just the regular pipes to the motor and get a kit from SNOW performance so that you can spray methanol and boost the turbo without using an intercooler. OR you can do both whatever you wanna do... well i duno about routing the pipes because ive never seen a charger in front of me long enough to take a look under the car sooo...with that your **** out of luck loljk jus be creative and tuck it up somewhere nice, it doesnt have to be PERFECT, but follow the lines that are already there on the car...if i can do it on my car with hardly no space, im sure you can do it on that charger
Old 08-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Restricted User

pipes, at any local muffler shop that does nice work..which you have to put alot of your trust in by the way lol, and as for other parts oil pump($190), oil lines and fittings(less then $300 for sure), intake piping(mayyybe $500), exhaust($200), masterpower turbo ($550), wastegate(depends which one, mines cost $225 tial 38mm(4psi spring)), blow off valve($depends), and misc. stuff will probably be a million dollars...lolJKKKKKK those are the MAJOR components off the top of my head..if you do most of the work and know somewhat what your doing with a turbo and a big motor you will have one sick *** car...hope this helped, take care

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for General Remote Turbo information