Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally, a kill story!!! (warning: very lame)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally, a kill story!!! (warning: very lame)

Not a barn-burner, but my first one since I've been reading the kills forum the past 4-5 months.

On the highway Tuesday afternoon (traveling from Jacksonville,FL to Rock Hill, SC to visit my parents) somewhere in South Carolina, doing 90mph. A Neon SRT I pass decides to speed up and ride my @$$. Being a good student of the rules of the road, after I clear traffic and come to an opening I merge back to the right as usual, but with my eyes and ears open, expecting this guy is riding my tail for a reason. Sure enough, he guns it, no honks etc. Total *****. (can I say that in here ?) I floor it from 90mph with his rear wing at about my headlights, completely pass at around 105-110mph. By 150mph he has learned his lesson and bothers me no more.

Aren't these supposed to be fast? Are they just turds at high speeds?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Hey a kill is a kill man. You have to get your dick wet sometime. So why not start with the ugly chick and work your way up.lol
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by will82

Aren't these supposed to be fast? Are they just turds at high speeds?

a "stock" neon srt-4 only puts down somewhere in the low 200's in hp. Granted they are lightweight, but there still junk. Unless you mod them...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Good kill, skittle's get in the high 13's stock but modded they can pick up pretty quick. There's no such thing as a lame skittle kill, they all deserve *** whoopin's
Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chrsmi1
a "stock" neon srt-4 only puts down somewhere in the low 200's in hp. Granted they are lightweight, but there still junk. Unless you mod them...
I guess it was stock then. My buddy has a WS6 with intake/exhaust. Last time we ran from a 70roll he got a jump, but I caught him by the time I hit triple digits and at 150, my usual shut-off point, he was maybe 2 lengths back? But this neon was total annihalation. It might as well have been a Stratus. I felt like a bully, but he was a tool and deserved it.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they're real easy to get into the 12's, but like most any low displacement turbo car, once you hit a certain speed, it's hard to go any further. it's easy to upgrade them and get into say, high 11's, but they're not the kind of car that breaks into the 10's. they hit the wall unlike our cars.

good kill nonetheless.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, any LS1tech.com guys living here in Rock Hill South Carolina? I'm here until Sunday or Monday.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
like most any low displacement turbo car, once you hit a certain speed, it's hard to go any further.
Hmmm. I guess that combined with my aero advantage made it the best scenario for me / worst for him. I've noticed that at 90mph, if I gun it pretty much nothing can hang with me (except a Kenne bell terminator that destroyed me mercilessly). Now I just need a good torque converter to help compensate for my low speed inadequacies.

Speaking of which, I know this is the kills section, so I'll steer anyone that wants to help to another thread I started, but can anyone recommend a good torque converter for 2.73 gears/stock cam/street only? Street racing is the only racing I do anyways, I've never been to the track. I have a thread in the automatic tranny section, trying to decide between a yank ss 3200 or 3600, so here's the link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/563927-stall-will-tighter-2-73-gears.html
Old 08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by will82
Hmmm. I guess that combined with my aero advantage made it the best scenario for me / worst for him. I've noticed that at 90mph, if I gun it pretty much nothing can hang with me (except a Kenne bell terminator that destroyed me mercilessly). Now I just need a good torque converter to help compensate for my low speed inadequacies.

Speaking of which, I know this is the kills section, so I'll steer anyone that wants to help to another thread I started, but can anyone recommend a good torque converter for 2.73 gears/stock cam/street only? Street racing is the only racing I do anyways, I've never been to the track. I have a thread in the automatic tranny section, trying to decide between a yank ss 3200 or 3600, so here's the link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563927
I've embarrased many a rainbow car...never sure why they think they can hang. I put the Yank SS3200 stall in my C6, and I think it's a perfect street converter. Lots of friends running the 3600 though. Can't go wrong either way, the 3200 is just a little more low rpm street friendly, so depends how much time you spend on the track vs street. The 3200 feels like a small shot of nitrous when it hits...definitely best mod on an automatic!!!!!!!! I have a 3.15 rear, so you'll feel even more sluggish in low rpms with the 2.73...I'd go 3200, but everybody will have an opinion. With that rear, the higher stall will definitely help you racing, but will feel a little lacking in everyday driving.

Keep runnin' 'em down.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Hey a kill is a kill man. You have to get your dick wet sometime. So why not start with the ugly chick and work your way up.lol

Thats possibly the most colorful analogy for a race i've ever read or heard
Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chrsmi1
232 at the motor i think
Old 09-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Teching In

those srt-4's can be quick. I applaud any true tuner. Unfortunatly few around here are and have to learn just how slow a stock srt-4 really is. We do have a couple that are pretty damn fast tho. If any of them read this I give you props for doing it right.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)

yeah props aswell. i posted a thread up a few weeks ago on how i got reeled in and beaten by an srt4 modded and tuned w/ stock turbo. they can be REAL quick. he was easily a 12 sec car. My car prolly runs 13 flats and 12's with dr's. but i mean this thing picked up and flew once he got that turbo spoolin.

+1 respect for proper tuning skittle-ability
Old 09-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Teching In

We have one here that runs with busas pretty well. The only one I raced personally I killed so bad I felt kind of shitty for doing it, but he wanted to race me, not the other way around.

hahaha ford girls.....what a bunch of *****

all i can say is throw a blower on an ls1, then we'll see whos comin home to **** the prom queen
bro, I don't know where you've been, but if you drive a n/a LS1 you don't need a blower to get the prom queen, the prom queen will make sure you're blown regardless.