Old 08-25-2006, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weak.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Sure is a lot of f-bodies on there

Looks like natural selection at work. That is, if you are dumb enough to do it, you may get eliminated from the face of the planet. No different than lemmings following each other off a cliff. Takes a lot bigger man to say "no" to a street race IMO.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

You guys see that one trans am tho. And yea the end has a lot of f bodies in there. Just figured people would like to see some carnage from street racing.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's it...I'm convinced about street racing. Time for a cage!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by unit213
^ HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Reckless

Looks like natural selection at work.

I agree.

That is, if you are dumb enough to do it, you may get eliminated from the face of the planet. No different than lemmings following each other off a cliff.

I agree again. However, that statement should be directed at the people in that vid, not blanketed towards streetracing in general. Those people are stupid for doing what they did in their particular situation, obviously, because they are dead.

When it's done right and with some common damn sense nobody gets hurt. The people that know what they're doing are fine, you hear about them all the time; they post on this board among many others, make vids, etc.

Takes a lot bigger man to say "no" to a street race IMO.

And it takes "common sense" to say "yes" and participate in an orderly manner.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

the thing i hate bout people saying street racing is sooo bad . . infact it is bad ive seen sum messed up stuff. . but drunk driving > street racing in deaths. . i dont think that there are that many crashes i know that when they crash most people arent going to walk away . . and its worse but i mean things go wrong everday . .
Old 08-25-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree again. However, that statement should be directed at the people in that vid, not blanketed towards streetracing in general. Those people are stupid for doing what they did in their particular situation, obviously, because they are dead.

When it's done right and with some common damn sense nobody gets hurt. The people that know what they're doing are fine, you hear about them all the time; they post on this board among many others, make vids, etc.

And it takes "common sense" to say "yes" and participate in an orderly manner.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Teching In

as long as street racing DOESN'T endanger innocent lives, I don't see a problem with it... We have a very well known road here out in the middle of no where that has had street racing every Friday and Saturday night for probably the last 15 years, most people know about it, and i know several cops who run their daily drivers out there all the time...

now as far as light to light racing in town or on an interstate, there is no place for that and I'll be quick to report the tag of someone endangering innocent people's lives... call me a douche but I think people like that don't deserve to drive...
Old 08-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Chop-Foo Director

And it takes an idiot to think that ANY kind of street racing is safe, because man, its the street. You do NOT know what may happen. Sure, it may be 3am, the backroads are empty, you get on it against a buddy, you're doing 120...oh ****! Where did that deer/rabbit/turtle come from? Natural instinct, swerve - oh ****, I'm dead.

I'll leave this thread up for a couple days, but its going away soon. Too much discussion that is not multimedia related.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by unit213
Ha ..... im with him
Old 08-26-2006, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PendragonZ
And it takes an idiot to think that ANY kind of street racing is safe, because man, its the street. You do NOT know what may happen. Sure, it may be 3am, the backroads are empty, you get on it against a buddy, you're doing 120...oh ****! Where did that deer/rabbit/turtle come from? Natural instinct, swerve - oh ****, I'm dead.

And the same thing could happen to me driving down the interstate doing 65mph and obeying every law ever made. There are dangers every time you get behind the wheel, regardless of whether your racing or coming home from work.

And FWIW, I've seen more animals, trash, things that could possibly cause an accident, etc. on interstates and public highways than I ever have on "backroads" that get raced on. In my 7 years of streetracing I've never seen or heard of a deer or any other animal jumping out in front of someone.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, that's is you guys choice to make. I have a family that depends on me. You won't see me racing anywhere that does not have a fire crew and medical personnel on site.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Teching In

racing at the track is safe as well, but there are still dangers. unless your willing to spend thousands on the safe pods and stuff that boat racers and nhra has, racing is very dangerous.

we have street races every thursday night at my grandfathers property. for about 8 years now we've held all kinds of bracket, grudge, or fun races and never had a problem. granted its not the interstate, its still the street and still relativly safe. theres no telling when a car could explode, blow a mismanufactured tire, or have a tire fall off and flip. its the dangers of racing and can happen whether your on the street or at the track.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Teching In

not knocking on the video either but, i can bet not all of those are from street racing. the neon looked like it was tboned
Old 08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wasnt that burnt camaro a stolen car that was running from the cops? And the owner obviously found out what happened to it.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by grandsport96
not knocking on the video either but, i can bet not all of those are from street racing. the neon looked like it was tboned
I'm with you on this one!.....
Old 08-26-2006, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

I used to and Im alive. Woot
Old 08-26-2006, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

I am not bashing the maker of the video and I agree that street racing is a bad Idea I want to point out a couple of things I saw a couple cars that looked out of place for a "look what hapens when you street race video" there was a mercury about half way through some kind of buick about 3/4ths of the way through and a VAN WTF??? certainly not street racing cars.

and FWIW I have seen just as bad if not worse accidents from people obeying the law and driving right, and in the 5 years I have been a firefighter I have NEVER seen a street racing accident.