Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NW 90 TB Question???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NW 90 TB Question???

Finishing up my H&C&I install and was wondering what I do with the rubber hose that is venting from my passenger side valve cover? I'm pretty sure it plugged into my stock TB but there's nowhere to do that on my new one. Can I plug it off or?? I'm not even sure of it's purpose. Thise is on an 02 C5 btw.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

That hose is for fresh air. My NW TB came with a fitting on it for that hose..
Old 08-25-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the response Dan. I bought this TB used off the corvetteforum and the title said LGM/NW 90 TB. I asssumed it was some sort of collaboration between the two. This very well could be an LG TB. I checked LG's site and my TB doesn't have the G2's insignia on top but it looks exactly the same, just shinier. I just called LG and they said that I could plumb a fitting into any vacuum source. I suggested pumbing it into the air intake tract and LG said that was fine as long as it's after the maf. Looks like that's what I'm gonna do.

Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

No problem.

I do remember some of the earlier NW TB's didn't come with that provision, it sounds like you picked one of those up.

Anyway, sounds like yougot it sorted out, good luck.

Dan
Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Launching!

The C5 throttle bodies that I made came with the parts to attach that line. There should have been a rubber grommet that installs in the air bridge between the TB and the MAF. Then install the barbed hose adapter into the grommet and use a 3/8 vacuum hose from there back to the valve cover.

Nick
Old 08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick Williams
The C5 throttle bodies that I made came with the parts to attach that line. There should have been a rubber grommet that installs in the air bridge between the TB and the MAF. Then install the barbed hose adapter into the grommet and use a 3/8 vacuum hose from there back to the valve cover.

Nick
Thanks Nick. I bought this TB used so the original owner may have neglected to send me those parts. I've put together the same idea using some supplies I found in the plumbing section at Home Depot. I just hope it works ok.