Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, need some serious help.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ok, need some serious help.

Ok guys....I dunno WTF is going on with my tranny. Last night I'm cruising on the highway, verter's locked up, and everything's fine. I cruise a bit more t'ward my house, and stop at a redlight. I turn left, the car shifts into second, so I hammer into it. Pulls great, shifts into third and I let off around 90. Now, normally it'd lock back up....Not so, this time. I've been throwing a code (b solenoid stuck off or performance) or something like that, which I've been told is a common code to throw when switching to a larger converter. Problem is, that code's been thrown for a good while now, and I haven't had any problems till tonight. On top of that, I took it for a drive just now down the road and now the shifts are REALLY lagging under part throttle, I didn't even try WOT. It's no longer crisp and quick, it just lags. The tranny is a Dr. Evil Stage 1, and the converter is a Fuddle 3600. The fluid level is good, and so is the color. Please help!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

TTT please need answers guys. =(
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have a tune for the conveter? cause i have a 3500 stall and doing the same things but not all the time. a lot of people told me that you need to get the stall tuned do to the computer still thinks you have your stock stall in and sometimes doesnt let it lock up.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
do you have a tune for the conveter? cause i have a 3500 stall and doing the same things but not all the time. a lot of people told me that you need to get the stall tuned do to the computer still thinks you have your stock stall in and sometimes doesnt let it lock up.
That's a good point. I had the car tuned, but at the time it had a smaller 3200 stall in it. Maybe the 3600 is making the comp act up a bit? I just don't wanna drive it 120 miles to Houston if it's not locking up, already burned one tranny up that way.

Search this Thread