Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did H/C and now I have 2-3 shift problem....

Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did H/C and now I have 2-3 shift problem....

Right before I had the H/C done I had my tranny built now after the H/C I'm having 2-3 shift problems. I was told that I needed to get a bigger TB because it was causing pressure loss and my tranny to have a lazy shift. MY question is has anyone ever heard of this? If so, would porting my TB work?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

is it tuned>?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it's been tuned but the tuner said it sounded like the car was slipping in 3rd on the dyno. He said it could be losing pressure and causing to slip. I was told by a tranny shop that my TB was too much of a restriction and at higher RPMs would cause a pressure drop causing the slipping issue.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No transmission preasure is only minorly afected by manifold preasure , It is predominatly controlled by throttle position engine rpm and vehical speed sensors , I do notbeleave that your throttle body would be the issue , In fact Im sue of it .If that were possible a dirty air cleaner would cause it to slip , Whats more probable is a misajusted or bad tps , a failed pcs, or most probable your making a litle more power an the 3-4 clutch was about to give up the ghost anyway , preasure probelms would tend to affect the 1-2 shift also .
I think your going to need a transmission overhaul or replacement very soon ,
worn tranny+more power=dead tranny quickly
performabuilt
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My tranny let go the next weekend and less then 100 miles on it after the new set up. 2 WOT runs and thats all it took.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by performabuilt.com
No transmission preasure is only minorly afected by manifold preasure , It is predominatly controlled by throttle position engine rpm and vehical speed sensors , I do notbeleave that your throttle body would be the issue , In fact Im sue of it .If that were possible a dirty air cleaner would cause it to slip , Whats more probable is a misajusted or bad tps , a failed pcs, or most probable your making a litle more power an the 3-4 clutch was about to give up the ghost anyway , preasure probelms would tend to affect the 1-2 shift also .
I think your going to need a transmission overhaul or replacement very soon ,
worn tranny+more power=dead tranny quickly
performabuilt
My tranny was rebuilt about two months before the H/C went in. It has the Pro Street LS1 rebuild kit from Probuilt transmissions with vaccume modulation. There maybe 1000 miles on the tranny total. I also have a new TPS so I wouldn't think that would be the case. What is a PCS? Well sense my 1-2 shift is strong maybe the pressure is not the issue. I wonder if removing the check ball from the input shaft causing a hard lockup would cause damage to the 3-4 clutches? I have a muti-disk stall and it locks up HARD. It feels like the 1-2 shift about the bark the tires.

Search this Thread