Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 in LT1 T/A

Old 08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 in LT1 T/A

What all would need to be swapped to LS1 parts in order to put a 6.0L LQ4 motor in a 1995 T/A. Can I use my LT1 6 Speed an clutch? I know that the pan will need to be changed. How about accessorys...I will not be using A/C can I make my own brackets for the stock truck alternator and ps pump? Also if you guys could put general prices with your suggestions...if you know them that is. Will the intake have to be changed? How about the 6.0L heads...are they decent heads for a cam only application with nitrous. I basically want to build it like this. LQ4 Block and crank, forged I beams, forged pistons, 6.0L heads (or what?), pretty large cam, and then either the 6.0 intake or a ls6 intake. Can I use the truck TB with the ls6 intake? Any tips you guys can give me for cheap performance would be great. Oh yeah I also know that I will have to change my k member, headers, radiator,etc. Thanks
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

I've never done a swap like this, but from my experience and what I've read, this is what I've noticed.

You're going to have to use LS6 intake and throttle body. LS1 pan. LS1 accessory drives. The LS1 accessories don't stick out as much as the truck accessories and you'll have to replace the crank balancer too.

I believe the T56 will work, but you'll need LS1 flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HeapaShifter
I've never done a swap like this, but from my experience and what I've read, this is what I've noticed.

You're going to have to use LS6 intake and throttle body. LS1 pan. LS1 accessory drives. The LS1 accessories don't stick out as much as the truck accessories and you'll have to replace the crank balancer too.

I believe the T56 will work, but you'll need LS1 flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing.
i think the input shaft is different to..... may be wrong though

Search this Thread