Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painting Intake

Old 08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting Intake

Got a question for those that have done it. Following Parbreaks instructions on LS1howto, he suggests getting "bulldog adhesion promoter" and use it before the primer. I can not find this stuff anywhere around here and really want to get the intake completed before the weekend since it will be the only time I have to take the car out of service for long enough to do the intake swap and don't really want to wait to have the stuff shipped here. I have the High build primer, the Paint and clear, my question is has anyone done the primer without this adhesion promoter and did it stick with out it? I have painted many plastic parts under the hood with regular metal paint without primer and never had any troubles with it coming off or flaking in over 4 years and it sticks fine so I was wondering how necessary it is to have that stuff with the primer?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

ok, if no one knows the answer to this, can some one name a store to get this stuff at that might be around here? I've tried every auto store around except Napa.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Try it and let us know how it goes Seriously, the intake does get fairly "warm" so I would be inclined to use whatever I could to keep the paint from peeling off. If you can't find the Bulldog stuff then you should be able to find the Duplicolor adhesion promoter at your local WalMart. Not a big fan of Duplicolor since I use all professional products, but it should work fine if you follow their instructions.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-29-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Well, it turns out my weekend is pretty planned out by the wife so I probably won't be able to do it anyway. I plan to go ahead and order some.

Funny thing though I called three Auto paint supply places in the area and non of them had heard of the brand Bulldog. I had one place that told me of the brand they use which was made by a company near here, but I think I will go with the proven brand.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Launching!

I found it at pep boys.. you could also try a home depot or lowes
Old 08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

I tried Pep boys, but I just called since it is a drive to get to the closest one. They didn't have it so they said. I just ended up ordering it and gave up on finding it.

Search this Thread