Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 GTO vs 98 TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 05 GTO vs 98 TA

I was with a friend rollin through Ft. Wayne on Saturday night and we spotted an 05 GTO. I figure what the hell... i've got nothing to lose. I pull up next to him and I was very impressed with the pull the LS2 has. Finally we hit a red light. The guy had his windows down so it was easy to communicate. I had my T-Tops off and my windows down because I wasnt expecting to be racing that night. My only mod is that I cut off the muffler(so far). I dont know if he had any mods other than aftermarket wheels and suspension.

Light turns green and I punched it, I pulled about a half a car before we both start slowing down and he pulls in behind me. I turn right on Lima road with him right behind me. We get stopped at another stoplight and he asks me if I want to race again. Naturally I said sure and we anticipate the light. It finally comes and we both launch. I pulled on him pretty good and got that extra gain every time he shifted. I got a full car on him and we pulled into the Marathon.

I get out of my car expecting to talk to the guy but he pulls in and tells me he spotted a cop and hes leaving. Not what I was expecting... my radar detector didnt go off once, nor did I or my friend ever see a cop. I dont know if he was just embarrased that his girlfriend saw him get beat by a "weaker car" or what...

I was really suprised, I was expecting the GTO to wipe the floor with me.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the cop's radar has to be on for the detector to spot it, don't take too much comfort in having one. All it takes is ears for a cop to know to V8s are going at it on public streets.

but good kill.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

but good kill.
Ill second that..

I would like to race an 05/06 Goat, but have yet to spot one. I did, however (on my way to school) spot an 03/04 GT weaving in and out of traffic, who I promptly slid up beside. He rolled down his window as I was rolling mine down, and showed me a badge. I think he was a security guard... But oh well.. he wouldnt go.. I think he was simply scared to race me
Old 08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mpe488
I think the cop's radar has to be on for the detector to spot it, don't take too much comfort in having one. All it takes is ears for a cop to know to V8s are going at it on public streets.

but good kill.
He can hear us all he wants, he cant do anything about that. He has to have proof that we were either street racing or speeding. He cant have evidence of that without clocking us or getting us on camera.