Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

cant get fuel down the filler neck

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cant get fuel down the filler neck

Ok I just installed another oem tank in my '01 camaro. Now when I go to put gas in, it almost trickles down the neck. The gas will fill the neck and eventually make its way into the tank. What the hell is going here?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01350ss
Ok I just installed another oem tank in my '01 camaro. Now when I go to put gas in, it almost trickles down the neck. The gas will fill the neck and eventually make its way into the tank. What the hell is going here?
Okay I'm not sure, but I think there is a valve in there so when the car flips the fuel wont poor out. Perhaps that valve is giving problems. A post was made here:- https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...fuel+neck+fill
Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try disco the evap connection on the driver side of the intake. It is at the front of the intake. If you hear air coming out when you disco it the valve may not be working right. There is a connection that use to come loose on me that would cause the problem of not letting the fuel in. I made the connection stick and it now has no problems. once you disco this connection you can fill the tank like normal.