Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Pump

Well we were doing a engine tranny swap on my 96 lt1 and I overlooked the tq coverter 3 click rule. The transmission worked perfect before the swap now it doesnt pump any fluid so I think the pump broke. So here are a couple questions how hard is the pump install to do? I have no clue about the inside of a tranny but there now is the time to learn. Where can I buy a pump. Looking for a stock replacment. Any words of advice and help will be much appreciated.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best thing to do is buy a tranny rebuild manual. it always is a good reference especially for the check ***** in the valve body. you are going to have to drop the pan,tranny wiring harness and solenoids,and valve body.after those are out the pump can be unbolted and the pump carfully pried from behind carefully, not to distort the case where the valve body mates to. basically get the book ..you could get a new pump..or jus rebuild the one ya got..the manual shows how to do it all.most tranny parts shops have them on hand.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Remove transmision,place transmission is a vertical position bell up,remove pan,remove filter,remove lockup solinoid and pwm solinoid directly over it you will see a clip in the slot , It is not nessesary to remove valve body , Look nat top of case just under pump use screw driver to gently pry the pump up moving from side to side , once oring clears you will see it , then grab pump stator not input shaft and lift up , clean gasket surface care fully dont drop peices in holes , install new pump gaskeys and oring , use petrolium jelly to hold washer on back of pump , reinstall pump and use reverse of removal ,
Hope this helps
performabuilt