12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

I'm stuck but help me find out why...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm stuck but help me find out why...

I have a 2002 Formula Firebird m6. My Mods are TSP Torquerv2, TSP Ported ls6 Heads stg. 2, lid, pacesetters w/ tsp y-pipe, borla catback, ls6 intake which came stock. I have added 17" ws6 wheels and drag radials, Nitto Nt555 My car put down 416rwhp CAM ONLY in the winter, and this summer when I added the heads it put down 430RWHP, I am assuming due to the humidity. I went to the track on saturday, and made a few passes. 2 were duds, and I got one decent pass. A 12.62 @ 114.36 with a 2.15 60ft. Now, I am still on stock clutch. Will an aftermarket clutch make a difference? Am I being robbed of any hp or performance due to the stock clutch? Could I perform better at the track with the aftermarket? Will I feel a difference when racing on the street? Thanks.

David.
San Antonio, TX

PS. I even have the stock hurst....should I upgrade to the Pro 5.0??? In texas we ahve some extreme humidity, and I know N/A cars are affected most, but it cooler weather Cam Only the car felt like a 116 or 117 trap car, and was beating some cars trapping 115. Now, it feels like a 119mph car, as I have beat many 460-470rwhp Cobras in my city.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cant really compare the cobra rwhp to your car but anyways...must get some tires on that car...you definitely need to learn how to launch that car better 2.15 is horrible...i know you have a stick but that is why you are having such shitty et, mph isn't bad but the et is because of you shitty launch, either get some mt drag radials, slicks, or make sure you really heat them nittos up, how long are you doing a burnout for...what is your launch technique...i mean people are getting better 60ft with street tires...that is you number one problem...