LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Dont Buy From Rock On Transmissions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dont Buy From Rock On Transmissions!!!

Its been 3 months and I still havent gotten my money back from them. I called them today and they told me " I dont know what to tell ya!".
Nineball, someone has got to do something about this company! Im not the only one on this board who is having problems with them either. I had a lady blow up at me because im demanding my $1,500 back. Give me a ******* break.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Default Dont Buy From Rock On Transmissions!!!

They probably have the worst customer service I have ever done business with. I think they are crooks! For all of you looking into a new tranny dont even think about calling these crooks. They have treated me like **** for the last 3 months. If you talk to a women there I feel sorry for ya. Pretty much they take your money and dont send you anything and then say " I dont know what to tell ya".
Im just trying to help you guys avoid the situation im in right now and I hope they go out of business.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned

We took your Money, we took half to get started we took right at 1400.00. With this money we spent 250.00 on a core, another 780.00 on internals, and then we spent 250.00 on labor prepping your transmission. We called you for the rest of the funds and we were unable to contact you. Another 10 days and you call and say I want my money back. We have spent 1280.00 at this point; we have a core and internals as well as labor tied up into your transmission.

Then we get a call from some fella that says he’s your gramps and tells us you are taking us to court! Then this fella calls us back and says he’s turned us into the attorney general of Texas. Then you call us and start yelling, and cussing at the receptionist, and said you were going to get hold of the credit card company. Who is representing you? Who do we deal with? So far it’s the State attorney General of Texas, some court somewhere, and a Credit Card company?

It’s really pretty simple, finish paying for this unit we’ll finish building it and ship it. In the mean time we’ve turned this matter over to our attorney and are allowing them due process, we, like you have to defend ourselves, we’ve taken nothing from you it was you who for whatever reason decided you wanted your money back. We waited the customary cancellation period of four working days before we started working on your unit… These transmissions are custom made one at a time and are not inventoried Items. I hope this helps…Dave
Old 09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

You guys just dont get it do you? I want my money back because I was promised a tranny in 6-7 business days and I got tired of waiting after 2 months. Im selling my car for crying out loud because you guys didnt send me a tranny. Yes, I got fired up at Amy because after saying I want my money back she reply's "I dont know what to tell ya" and then she starts cursing at me!!! You guys never said you wouldnt give me my money back, I dont really think you even started building my tranny your just using it as an excuse because I should have had it by now. Im tired of being nice....I was really nice about it for 2 1/2 months. Now I just want my $1400 back so I can go on with my life. Looks like you guys have other problems as well, and im not the only one so as far as believing any words you guys say....I DONT!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Did they try to get a hold of you for the balance of the funds? What was the original quoted price of the transmission?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Did they try to get a hold of you for the balance of the funds? What was the original quoted price of the transmission?
They have never called me back. Ive called them 5-10 times over the last 2 months about getting my money back. At first they were saying it takes 2-3 weeks to get it back into my account. Now they are saying that they are not giving me my money back. I dont know what in the hell is going on here. I was originally quoted 1,870 shipped plus my core which they told me I get $200 for.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Rock-On
We took your Money, we took half to get started we took right at 1400.00. With this money we spent 250.00 on a core, another 780.00 on internals, and then we spent 250.00 on labor prepping your transmission. We called you for the rest of the funds and we were unable to contact you. Another 10 days and you call and say I want my money back. We have spent 1280.00 at this point; we have a core and internals as well as labor tied up into your transmission.…Dave
Buyer says the quoted price is $1870, but based on Dave's post is he saying that it was quoted at $2800? Clarification please.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Buyer says the quoted price is $1870, but based on Dave's post is he saying that it was quoted at $2800? Clarification please.
Now thats weird. Heck on there site it even says $1,900 plus freight which is $70 in my case. But being on ls1tech he gave me $100 off that so it came out to be $1,870
Old 09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Also, Rock-On why are you saying they have money tied up into MY transmission when it seems like everyone else is having problems getting there stuff? Im sure you guys could easily sell it to someone else who has been waiting for over 4 months. It not like is was custom made just for me..its a level 4 tranny for an f-body...the same one you guys sell to any other f-body guy.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

I like this....600 views! Hopefully you all will read this and not buy from them just to save you the stress. I still havent heard a word from Rock On.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Gas is cheap now, im thinking about driving down to Texas and talk to them face to face.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

We have temporarily removed their advertising until they clear up these transactions.

ADMIN
Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

We have temporarily removed their advertising until they clear up these transactions.

ADMIN
Good move!

I still dont have anything from them.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

I just got off the phone with them. They have an older guy answering the phone calls now. He was very nice and helpful. Im going to give them a call back tomorrow. Dave is still in the hospital so thats really all I know.