Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

~Custom Turbo Kit~

Old 08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~Custom Turbo Kit~

Does anyone have any pics of their custom fabricated turbo setup, im trying to get some ideas on where all it can be mounted and cost ideas of what peeps spent on custom fabricated set ups. Im thinking of trying to setup a rear mount system like STS's but change a few things. Im just trying to get some input with pros and cons of a custom set up.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I had pictures but the car didn't run (was wrecked) too long after it being completed. I wanted a rear mount system with a T70 and other upgrades (BOV and wastegate, boost controller, and intercooler that was not visible from the outside). All in all with the racetronics pump, harness, injectors, intercooler, turbo, couplers, BOV, wastegate, turbo and fabrication (aluminized) it ended up being around $3500.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
I wish I had pictures but the car didn't run (was wrecked) too long after it being completed. I wanted a rear mount system with a T70 and other upgrades (BOV and wastegate, boost controller, and intercooler that was not visible from the outside). All in all with the racetronics pump, harness, injectors, intercooler, turbo, couplers, BOV, wastegate, turbo and fabrication (aluminized) it ended up being around $3500.
so where did you mount the intercooler? front bumper and cut it out? so you could see the turbo from the outside or what?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try looking up at the truck manifold FAQ, a few different custom turbo set ups are featured in there.

As for a custom rear mount set up...basically only one way to do it.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little custom.....
Stenod Performance did it.....
The kit its self was about $9K.... then add all the stuff like intake and other things...... then everything else....
Id stay front mount also.... esp if you are going to home fab it... Like Jeremy said above with Truck manifolds..

Here's Mine.

Kyle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~Custom Turbo Kit~