Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Corsa Clone tips won't easily work with Borla catbacks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Corsa Clone tips won't easily work with Borla catbacks!

If you have a Borla catback, these are difficult to mount to your system!!!

Public Service Announcement.

I had to take a set of exhaust tips back recently from a customer who wanted these on his Borla catback.

It turns out that the Borla tips are a little over one inch longer than the Corsa clones. The Corsas are 9.5", and the Borlas are about one inch longer. Jokes aside, this poses a problem when dealing with an inferior exhaust shop, that doesn't know how to work with metal. (if needed)

With no problems, I returned the money within 2 hours (paypal) and the customer is totally satisfied with the service. You're welcome Snapps.

Here's some pictures of the tips as retuned... if somebody wants these for $100 shipped be the 1st person to Pm or call 678/492/6843

Even the welds are polished!

Old 08-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

Sold!!! to PDQ-TA.

Thanks, ~Joshua
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Damn, I wish I would have saw this earlier!! How much do you usually charge for them?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Is it $100 for 2 or for 4?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Sucks for that guy. I had my exhaust shop just extend the piping because i have a magnaflow catback that had those wonderful truck looking tips on it. I guess everyone has their preference on how they want something done.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Sucks for that guy. I had my exhaust shop just extend the piping because i have a magnaflow catback that had those wonderful truck looking tips on it. I guess everyone has their preference on how they want something done.
same here, magnaflow catback... exhaust shop simply made extensions for the Corsa tips that I have to fit.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Banned

He payed $100 shipped for the pair.

Normally $110 shipped.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

I have a borla exhaust, I recently bought these tips and had them put on my borla set up, they look flawless, its all in the work of the exhaust shop, it just takes alittle more bending of pipes and some tweaking, my guy had me good to go in about an hour, and they look awesome. I originally had my borla tips clamped on, so he took those off, did alittle measuring and some bending, and everything lined up perfect, most places will just look at that senerio and not even want to touch it, but a good exhaust shop will tackle that with no problem. So it can be done.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIGHTMAREWS.6
I have a borla exhaust, I recently bought these tips and had them put on my borla set up, they look flawless, its all in the work of the exhaust shop, it just takes alittle more bending of pipes and some tweaking, my guy had me good to go in about an hour, and they look awesome. I originally had my borla tips clamped on, so he took those off, did alittle measuring and some bending, and everything lined up perfect, most places will just look at that senerio and not even want to touch it, but a good exhaust shop will tackle that with no problem. So it can be done.
I'm glad to hear that... the customer was also going off a local exhaust shop that said the Corsa would need to be welded onto what used to be part of the Borla tip. And the opening wasn't quite round.

Just going off his caution I decided to let Borla owners know of a potential issue. Just one of those customer service type things...

So you got the Corsa Clones huh?!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's really good customer service!! As the owner of a real Corsa exhaust though I am not happy that someone is making knockoffs of Corsa exhaust tips. The reason Corsa doesn't sell them seperately is to prevent them being put on other companies exhaust systems so that they appear to have a Corsa exhaust. It's sorta like putting a SS hood on a Z28, a clone is a clone.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

I would order these, but Im affraid Im really going to look too much like Silver02TA

either way I like the borla tips, but this might still be an option for me since they look so good!!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SOMSS
That's really good customer service!! As the owner of a real Corsa exhaust though I am not happy that someone is making knockoffs of Corsa exhaust tips. The reason Corsa doesn't sell them seperately is to prevent them being put on other companies exhaust systems so that they appear to have a Corsa exhaust. It's sorta like putting a SS hood on a Z28, a clone is a clone.

what about ebay z06 or C5 wheels? They are all clones, are you against all of them as well?

Old 08-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

WHATEVER!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

dont be mad cause you spent like 600 dollars and now you can spend 100 and get the same look besides corsa does sell them seperate but they are like 350 dollars f-that keep up the awesome work on the clones i wish i would have seen these before i bought my magnaflow tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1sloLS1

dont be mad cause you spent like 600 dollars and now you can spend 100 and get the same look besides corsa does sell them seperate but they are like 350 dollars f-that keep up the awesome work on the clones i wish i would have seen these before i bought my magnaflow tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a Corsa exhaust that i bought from an individual and i probably paid less than most have for their exhausts. So this leaves me with no bitterness about how much i spent but i do find it kind of funny how people feel about these tips. So many people get pissed if you "clone" an SS but its ok for them to "clone" a Corsa exhaust. These tips are very nice though. I almost thought about buying them to put on my Corsa as i only have the Pro tips, but i guess i should just polish mine up to look like that.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ryanfx
what about ebay z06 or C5 wheels? They are all clones, are you against all of them as well?

Well no, but we are not talking aples to aples here. Chevrolet does sell their wheels to the public and I wouldn't buy the clones due to their inferior workmanship and generally high weight. Corsa does not sell their tips only because they don't want their product line cheapened by placing their tips on other companies exhaust systems.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sloLS1

I didn't spend $600 for my whole system let alone just the tips. I purchased the Corsa exhaust system for it's sound and high quality. I could have purchased any exhaust system I wanted, the price was not an issue. You get what you pay for, cheap is cheap, cheap tips look cheap!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

they do sell them seperately - cause i have 'em
Old 09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

I didn't spend $600 for my whole system let alone just the tips. I purchased the Corsa exhaust system for it's sound and high quality. I could have purchased any exhaust system I wanted, the price was not an issue. You get what you pay for, cheap is cheap, cheap tips look cheap!
Get real man, these tips are the same quality of your overpriced Corsas.

How could you say these are cheap? Have you ever seen these in person? And just judging from the photos I posted can you really repeat your comment with a straight face?

Don't get mad because you paid big bucks for an overpriced exhaust with overpriced tips. The Corsa muffler/system isn't GOD's gift to exhausts you know.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Get real man, these tips are the same quality of your overpriced Corsas.

How could you say these are cheap? Have you ever seen these in person? And just judging from the photos I posted can you really repeat your comment with a straight face?

Don't get mad because you paid big bucks for an overpriced exhaust with overpriced tips. The Corsa muffler/system isn't GOD's gift to exhausts you know.

Its really is funny though, Corsa is a cheaper exhaust than Borla! Youre tips look amazing and the craftsmanship is very high. I think that if the tips look good, just like rims, then why not have them available to anyone that wants them to make their cars look good.

Quick Reply: Corsa Clone tips won't easily work with Borla catbacks!