Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

quick interior question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default quick interior question

could a driver's side power seat track and motor be fitted to a passenger seat in a 98 camaro? would there be room under the seat for the motor? Do you just have to connect the wire to 12v power and ground?

i need an answer soon.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

well i tried it today, and the bolt pattern is different. The motor actually clears the floorboard (just barely). But the rear bolts are about 1 1/2" lower than the front and inset about 1". It could be made to work, but you'd have to do some custom fabrication to bolt to the car bolt pattern that would match the driver's seat, and it would have to be strong enough to be safe. Could be done.....but too big a project for me.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it can be done. Only hang up is that the giant machined rivets that hold the mounting tabs will need to be drilled out. And then you can flip the plates around and make it into a passenger side set up.

Then next problem is the switch panel. Because it's now on the passenger side all the controls will be reversed or upside down. Meaning unless you mount it on the inside as where the driver's side is. By flipping the panel to the outside everything is now reversed.

Other than those two things it can be done.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

the bolt pattern on the frame of the car does not match up. the rear set is an inch low and an inch to the left. You'd have to make a braket for it. NOT easy. The switches could easily be relocated somewhere else.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know maybe, the power tracks from a TA is different then.

As I looked at it. And it was pretty straight forward. Just remove the two rear plates and flip them over.

My problem was I did not like the seat switches being reversed. Pushing the seat button forward would make the seat move back.