C6 Z06!! Late for Ennis, but the Kill afterward was unforgetable!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06!! Late for Ennis, but the Kill afterward was unforgetable!

well after I claybar'd the car, got the bottle filled, and picked up some 118 octane, I ended up getting to Ennis 45 min late. Trey the track manager said I was too late for Pinks (turned out to be okay for me since my car does not run low 10's) and I just stood by the track watching the passes and loaning my gear out.

On the way out I saw a couple fellas getting in a Black C6 Z06...... blip blip of the throttle...... waited a sec...... sweet they followed behind me. going west on 287 3rd gear punch to the top of 3rd was neck and neck with me barely ahead...... I tried to give him the hit. I asked him for a run.... at I-35 south he pulled over.... so did I. Came to the window and said "one run and only one, from 35." I said there is no way I was gonna run from a dig, glad he felt the same way! So when we got on I35 he immedietly slowed to a 30/35 roll.... he was in 1st and I put the car in 2nd. 1st run I spun... he spun and I pulled him up to 110......bangin them gears!!! Second run was the same and i pulled him by 3 lengths up to 100 or 95 ish..... I am sure he has more for me up top but the road was not clear enough and I he shut it down the first time... I shut it the second due to traffic.

we talked... I took camera phone vids of the car... and pictures at gas station... he kept saying 500 for a run next week.. his race blah blah blah... told em I am not a dumbass and I would run him for 100 that night from 30 to 120 ........ wouldnt take the bet.

I did up the pill to about 120ish/125 at the wheels by the way. nice difference!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thats ok they did really pick any "real" street cars to be on the show. But was the zo6 the one that competed in the race? because I heard from my buddy that kid was saying he wanted to run anyone for pink slips! That would have been awsome to take home a new z06.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Banned

damn i sold my tickets to pink i coldnt make it... wish i would of went. damn i bet u really enjoyed racing a new zo6 better yet u beat him.
good kill
Old 09-03-2006, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 71camaro
Thats ok they did really pick any "real" street cars to be on the show. But was the zo6 the one that competed in the race? because I heard from my buddy that kid was saying he wanted to run anyone for pink slips! That would have been awsome to take home a new z06.
no it was not Carlo's car.... his has some goodies on it ... and he was joking about running for pinks...... Puerta Ricans have all the money!!! lol

He is setup like me minus the cam.

His car traps 140's plus had should do low low 10's or 9.8's with his setup. The car I ran was a bone stock 06Z06........ traps high 120's or low low 130's... this is why I was shocked.... they weight 500 less and have a bad *** topend.... so beating one (even though I put out 520 or so horse which is more then him) is unforgetable! I was shocked to tell the truth ...... what was really nice was how well I was bangin gears on the spray....... wish i coulda made a pass at Ennis!

Last edited by WizeAss; 09-03-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
no it was not Carlo's car.... his has some goodies on it ... and he was joking about running for pinks...... Puerta Ricans have all the money!!! lol

He is setup like me minus the cam.

His car traps 140's plus had should do low low 10's or 9.8's with his setup. The car I ran was a bone stock 06Z06........ traps high 120's or low low 130's... this is why I was shocked.... they weight 500 less and have a bad *** topend.... so beating one (even though I put out 520 or so horse which is more then him) is unforgetable! I was shocked to tell the truth ...... what was really nice was how well I was bangin gears on the spray....... wish i coulda made a pass at Ennis!
Yeah, I wouldn't run Carlos' car for $$. He won't break into 9's until he puts a tire on it, but he can run mid 10's on runflats...pretty sick.

Did they take any real street cars, or just prostreet cars?
Old 09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought he said "one run and only one, from 35." I guess he changed his mind after you walked him.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill! I can't wait until mine is fast enough for some action like that.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

wow.... you outran a bone stock c6 z06 with your cammed, bolt on, nitrous car....you should feel very awesome right now...
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigRon77
Yeah, I wouldn't run Carlos' car for $$. He won't break into 9's until he puts a tire on it, but he can run mid 10's on runflats...pretty sick.

Did they take any real street cars, or just prostreet cars?
Real street cars. Well, I think I will call the Buick GN, the IROC Z, and the two vettes real street cars. Maybe the yellow and black 71 camaro. The other cars out there, you just are not going to run on the street!!! Hell the rest of em only had one tail light, so what's that tell ya. Don't get me wrong, you can drive them on the streets but I don't think that makes em street cars.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
wow.... you outran a bone stock c6 z06 with your cammed, bolt on, nitrous car....you should feel very awesome right now...

i bet his cam/bolt on/ spray car only cost about half of what that bone stock c6 z06 did
Old 09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

so? cost has nothing to do with how it runs. there are $100k+ cars that wont run with a cam only LS1....does that make a difference? NO
Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSmoky01
Real street cars. Well, I think I will call the Buick GN, the IROC Z, and the two vettes real street cars. Maybe the yellow and black 71 camaro. The other cars out there, you just are not going to run on the street!!! Hell the rest of em only had one tail light, so what's that tell ya. Don't get me wrong, you can drive them on the streets but I don't think that makes em street cars.
Yeah, the GN should have won the thing IMO. But Ronnie's IROC was a great contender but they put him up against that one prostreet camaro that they found out was sandbagging the whole time! So Ronnie should have ben within the final 4. But I think that the true drag cars shouldnt have been alwed to race those other cars, it was BS in my mind. Word in the pits was the whole thing was staged.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:24 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Thats ok they did really pick any "real" street cars to be on the show.
That's about right. They should have picked me, dammit. I've got cruise control, a CD player, and HVAC. ****, I still have a 4L60E overdrive tranny. Swap the DR's back on and I would have driven it back home to Austin just to prove it's waaaay more of a street car than the majority of those picked. Oh yeah, and it's also slower.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSmoky01
Thought that's how it would be. We got a call from Carlos saying he was sitting in tech for an hour and a half and still waiting. What a bullshit deal on the cars they picked. Oh well, better TV I guess.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
That's about right. They should have picked me, dammit. I've got cruise control, a CD player, and HVAC. ****, I still have a 4L60E overdrive tranny. Swap the DR's back on and I would have driven it back home to Austin just to prove it's waaaay more of a street car than the majority of those picked. Oh yeah, and it's also slower.
man i saw you go down the track a few times, me and my g\f went through the pit area and couldnt find ya was gonna say high and i wanted to see the car up close
Old 09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket

my car weighs 3750.... to his 3200 or so.

his car has 520 crank horses.... my car makes 500 at the wheels...

he has a 427 with better gearing...... my car has a lil ole high mileage 346

you think I cant bang gears....

so who would you have taken on this bet?? and you woulda lost!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, the GN should have won the thing IMO. But Ronnie's IROC was a great contender but they put him up against that one prostreet camaro that they found out was sandbagging the whole time! So Ronnie should have ben within the final 4. But I think that the true drag cars shouldnt have been alwed to race those other cars, it was BS in my mind. Word in the pits was the whole thing was staged.
Donnie needs to learn to use fresh nitrous bottles in races like this!!!

I am glad that we where able to get his attention after the 1 wheel burnout!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
man i saw you go down the track a few times, me and my g\f went through the pit area and couldnt find ya was gonna say high and i wanted to see the car up close

Sorry you couldn't find us. I was hoping to meet a few more LS1tech members there. If you are ever going to race at SAR, shoot me a PM. That's my regular track.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

pics... tell fred from True Street thanks!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
Sorry you couldn't find us. I was hoping to meet a few more LS1tech members there. If you are ever going to race at SAR, shoot me a PM. That's my regular track.
cool sounds good im getting ready to start buying stuff to make mine a mild-moderate cam only, bolt-on 100-150 shot car and see what it gets me, just trying to decide what cam to use now. prolly make it up there sometime when i finish building it

Search this Thread