Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP! TB Oring Q!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEED HELP! TB Oring Q!

I porting and polishing my TB. I took out the can to cut it in half and I watched out for the o-ring but nothing cae out. Then when i wasnt looking i felt something hit me and land on the ground. Its a small metal ring Im assuming thats the o-ring I was suppose to be looking out for. WHERE DOES IT GO!! I didnt see it fall out so I dont know exactly where it goes back in. Help please!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drew a little black arrow where the o-ring is supposed to go on the far left picture. I take a 10mm deep well socket and tap the socket lightly with a hammer to get the o-ring back into place. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP! TB Oring Q!-tb_sensor_install.jpg  
Old 09-03-2006, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Thats perfect! The trick w/ the 10mm sicket is even better! Thank you!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

One more Qs. Can someone help me out w/ getting the throttle coil back where it should be? When I rap it around once its too loose, but twice makes it feel like its too tensioned and its slamming the butterfly shut. But it seems like it might be right, just not sure.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

You dont need that metal oring, to put the spring back in its place right just slide everything together most of the way and aling the spring ends were they go(the throttle cable cam will be almost backwards) then by turning the throttle shaft back to coil it up it will then aline the throttle stop and the cam arm itself and slide everything the rest of the way in
Old 09-03-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the return spring on the side of the throttle body? If so, there is suppose to be a good amount of tension on it.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what I figured. I woud it up and put it on and it was ok.

I got another problem to deal with. I knife edged the butterfly, and I guess I came in too far on a couple of spots, so theres goes my f'in idle till i get a new butterfly. I was so carefully not to port where the butterfly seals at on the TB cause it says over and over dont get into that area, and didnt even pay attention to the diameter of the butterfly and that it has to stay its same diameter everything else went perfect tho! Cant wait to get it working right.