Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

behind the scenes LS1 movie from pinks

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default behind the scenes LS1 movie from pinks

this is not an actual episode of pinks. this is footage of a team planning, getting ready, competing and celebrating, the whole deal. I haven't seen the speed episode this came from yet, but they replay them so often I don't get too nervous and usually catch one of the 100 re-runs. Pittspeed.com is one of the sponsers and made the movie. I don't know anything about these guys that wasn't in the movie, except they are from the Pittsburg area and it is a Nisson body W/LS1 engine they win with.

check it out, much better than an actual episode of pinks IMHO. They tend to put me to sleep for some reason and I should like pinks better than I do, dunno? This crew is actually towing the mustang home they won at the end.

No slam on these guys, I think what they did was cool and their video is interesting, but why do all the pinks episodes seem so repetitive, lame and fake? I can't figure it out, maybe it's me? The Brothers episode was the best one in 2 years.

HEADS UP!! this is over 100mgs! PittSpeedPinksProject.wmv

FOR BEST RESULTS: Right Click & Save As ... then play your own downloaded copy

post up if you know anything more about these dudes or if you know why Pinks sucks, because I don't have the answer to either one!
Old 09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Thank you. And I'm with you about most of the episodes being fake.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

only thing that I find suspicious is the fact that nobody wins within the FIRST 3 races, its always 1 team winning the first 2 races, then the losing team wins the next 2 to make it an even 2-2, then the final race is the winning race, it always plays out that way
Old 09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

How many do you think they filmed and were just a friggin mess, so bad they couldn't even air them.

I might watch a blooper reel, there has to be some funny stuff sitting on a hard drive somewhere.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Some of the best episodes of Pinks have been where they don't play games.

Specifically, when the two turbo'd hyabusa's raced, it was heads up each race. It came down to driver skill and bike setup that won the races.

Next was the race between the pro-mod older vette and the older nova. Both cars were seriously badass and each time it was heads up. Again, some of the best racing.

This past week, the Tosto brother's racing episode was great as well, specifically because both brothers knew the other brother's setup really well. There was no sandbagging, no letting off at the 1000 ft mark, no hidden uses of nitrous, just straight up, ***** to the wall racing.

If I wanted to see the typical PINKS races, I'd go to an import vs. domestic bracket racing event where a 16 second jetta races a 11 second domestic and the 11 second car is on the brakes crossing the line at 70 mph. Not appealing at all.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

i was there and had blast. the episode should be airing in early oct
Old 09-03-2006, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

i would not have been happy if i was on the mustang team because if they had won what did they get?? an ls1 engine and a set of slicks. that nissan was a thrown together pos (a fast pos but still a pos). the mustang looked like it might have had some time and money in it just had last minute engine problems.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

those 240's are very popular in the drift scene. they can pull in good numbers, specially with an ls1 already in there. i would have loved to win that 240, turn around and sell it for some good dough, that much more money in my pockets that i didnt have 24 hours earlier
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
only thing that I find suspicious is the fact that nobody wins within the FIRST 3 races, its always 1 team winning the first 2 races, then the losing team wins the next 2 to make it an even 2-2, then the final race is the winning race, it always plays out that way
cuz you can't make a half hour show out of 3 races